- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have had a fairly diverse musical background, including playing with bands and orchestras, as well as participating in choral groups and opera. I have a master's degree in music performance for wind conducting, and a bachelor's degree in music with an emphasis on piano performance.
I have taught private lessons for several years now and I love every moment with my students! I have a real passion for sharing my knowledge and experience with others, both failures and successes. I believe everyone has creative potential, and I believe music is a real universal art form that anyone can tap into if they want. Above all, making and creating music should also be fun!
*** Lesson Details ***
I try to keep my lessons professional but comfortable too. I don't yell at students for messing up or anything like that. I usually have an agenda but am willing to adjust and compromise if the situation dictates. If you don't have a curriculum in mind, I like Alfred's piano courses, but will do my best to find one that fits you as a student best. My initial goals are to make sure the basics of reading music and performing are set so that no matter what musical avenue you want to pursue, you will be successful. I do specialize in classical music but enjoy creating and playing in other genres as well.
I now also offer lessons online, as well as tutoring in most math areas!
I kindly ask for 24 hour notice whenever possible if a lesson is going to be missed. Generally speaking, if I don't hear from a student and their lesson time passes I will mark the lesson as missed, but I am also usually more than willing to make up the lesson at a later time.
*** Studio Equipment ***
I have a piano keyboard at my home.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I would expect students to have their own instruments as needed, as well as music paper, pencils, etc. I may be able to provide some of those materials on occasion as well as some books/recordings, but will by and large expect students to purchase those for themselves.
*** Specialties ***
I am much more familiar with classical styles and Broadway. My music writing style tends to be somewhere between neo-classical and avant-garde.
Provide private piano instruction for young children, teens, and adults. Accompany vocal and instrumental soloists. Maintain electronic records of individual lessons to ensure continuity and billing.
Present on demand tutoring and instruction for students of all grade levels and subjects. Maintain records of student achievement and needs and personal timecard verification. Utilized online interactive resource to administer structured learning in a timely fashion.
Present instruction in Basic Mathematics using both on campus, hybrid and Dual Enrollment classes. Plan syllabus for duration of course determined in part by department and student needs; design and facilitate testing and coursework measurement
Present instruction in College Algebra and Basic Mathematics for career track students. Plan syllabus for duration of course determined in part by department and student needs; design and facilitate testing and coursework measurement. Provide individual and group tutoring. Assist with providing foundation documentation for accreditation.
Taught at area private and charter schools. Followed regular teacher’s lesson plans to assist students’ learning. Maintain thorough record of the day’s activities.
Conducted, taught and coordinated beginner and intermediate level small ensembles and provided music appreciation instruction for large freshman class at an inner-city school. Managed inventory and budget and communicated appropriately with students, parents and faculty. Assisted with other school functions and department meetings.
Assist Donovan Gray, DMA in preparation of material for university wind ensembles. Create and maintain catalog of recorded music. Provide accompaniment and support for choral ensembles, individual vocalists and instrumentalists for rehearsals and performance. Offer guidance and direction to undergraduate students in piano technique and music theory. Supervised university equipment and facilities after regular business hours. Other duties as assigned.
· Piano · In home He is a good instructor. Easy to talk to.
· Piano · Online
· Piano · In studio Our son has been going to Kevin for over a year now. He is nice and great with our son. He has learned a lot during with time with Kevin and continues to grow as a student of music.
· Piano · In home Kevin is great. No problems at all. He comes to the house, and he is always on time.
· Piano · Online
· Pre Algebra · Online I was very pleased with Kevin! He was very easy to work with regarding scheduling, communication, and teaching my son pre-algebra. My son graduated with a B average. I was very pleased with this result due to my son didn't spend an extra time learning due to his schedule.
· Piano · In home Kevin is a great teacher! He is very patient, and really understands how to work with younger children.
· Piano · In home My son enjoys taking lessons with Kevin!
· Piano · In home Very patient and knowledgable instructor
· Piano · Online I thought Kevin was real patient with me and reassured me that I will get through this ok