- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 7 to 80
Kerry attended Wright State University for two (2) years, and then transferred to Belmont University to receive a Bachelors of Music in Percussion Performance. He also holds a Masters of Music from Eastern Kentucky University. He also studied at the Eastman School of Music to learn Creative Music Making and African drum studies. Lastly, he attended the University of Dayton for Percussion, Music Technology, & World music, and the Samba school in Salvador/Rio, Brazil for Samba studies.
Kerry has been performing since 1984 for theatre shows, bands for rock, jazz, R & B, Circus’ (Great Wallendas), swing bands, American Entertainment Productions show band (One year), and performed with Holland America Cruise Line for three (3) years. Recently, he is performing Musicals at Sinclair College, jazz bands, as well as Church music in the area.
Kerry has been teaching since 2004, both privately and for local studios, offering all styles.
Teach drum lessons to JH, HS, and adults, creating content around their needs.
Playing percussion instruments, i.e. Congas, Timpani, timbales, tambourine, shakers, etc. for various guest entertainer’s show, Production Shows, dance music, and events around the ship.
Fill in Drum set for HALCats band and other Jazz band on ship.
Taught 10-12 students a week using books and music technology, iPod, listening to music and watching famous drummers during lesson time. Tommy Igo - book used for drum-set learning, as well as other books.
On the road work in schools, conventions, and State Fairs.
During school season, Two school occurances a day made for tight schedule.
JEN was formed in 2008 to help bring together the jazz arts community. It hosts an annual conference with concerts presented by students and professionals, a student jazz festival, workshops, research presentations and an exhibition area with manufacturers, retailers, schools and other jazz related organizations. JEN also offers many educational programs, from an outreach program, to mentoring and scholarships.
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
We offer students and professionals opportunities to grow artistically and professionally. Students can learn have a music industry experience through the PAS Internship program or apply to receive a PAS scholarship or grant. Professionals can create new percussion programs or gain recognition through PAS grants and contests. Many individuals have significantly impacted the world of percussion through the Percussive Arts Society and they are recognized in our Hall of Fame and Awards pages.
· Drum · In home I saw improvement each week from my lessons with Kerry. He offered great resources and gave me advise for purchasing my drums. After just 5 months, I could read and play music on my own!
· · Fantastic jazz drummer!
Professional and knowledgeable about many diverse drumming styles.
· Drum · In studio Kerry introduced the basics to my daughter. I could see improvement every
week. She loved going to lessons with Kerry.
· · Kerry certainly has the experience, both in teaching and performing. When someone like Kerry teaches, he brings both his knowledge from his degrees, and his experience from performing. Working with Kerry, I know for a fact that not only is he talented, but he is professional all the way, and takes his work very seriously. You will not be disappointed if you choose to hire Kerry!
· Drum · In studio Kerry has given private percussion lessons to my 12 year old daughter for 8 months. She enjoys lessons and I have seen improvements in her performance. Kerry has been communicative, professional, and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend his services.
· · Kerry K. is an experienced percussionist with many valuable insights to share with beginning or intermediate level students. He has played for my Music Directing very successfully for the last 10 years.