- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi! I'm Kepa Freeman and I'm a musician/educator/composer/tutor/songwriter based in Waldorf, MD who's offering a few different services on this site, but one thing is consistent: I work my hardest to give fun/engaging lessons that guide my students to success.
In terms of credentials I have a Master's of Arts in Teaching in Special Education (Trinity Washington University) and a Bachelor's of Science in Music (Temple University). I'm also a licensed Special Education Teacher for grades K-12 in Washington, DC. On the musical side, my musical credentials can be heard here: www.broadjam.com/kepafreeman.
A little about my experience as a teacher. I've spent the last 5 years working as an elementary Special Education Teacher. Before that I was a Music Production Teacher. Before that, I was a teacher's aide for a Special Education High School. a Substitute Teacher, and a Tutor. Overcoming challenges to show my students success is what I do!
I hope to work with you soon!
· Piano · In studio Awesome 1st lesson! I look forward to my future lessons.
· Poetry · In studio We love Mr. Kepa. My daughter really got to know Mr. Kepa when she took his poetry workshop in 5th grade. She is an avid reader and writer but Mr. Kepa introduced her to rhythm and imagery and a whole new world in poetry where she could fully express herself and where she found her voice. Mr. Kepa truly has the gift of reaching his students where they are, guiding and encouraging them and making classes fun and engaging. Poetry workshop with Kepa has had a lasting and positive impact on my daughter's writing.
· Piano · In home Wow The lessons are great and I am moving faster than I ever thought after the 2nd lesson. Kepa loves teaching. His method great for a beginner like myself. I can't wait for next lesson. Kepa is so inspiring. I am a senior citizen and I thought taking lessons would be difficult. But Kepa provided otherwise. I made a great choice in selecting Kepa
· Piano · In home Great instructor. Works well with kids and they enjoy working with him. Would not go with anyone else
· Elementary Math · In home Kepa was my son's special education teacher in elementary school. We were so impressed with Kepa's professionalism and he did a great job providing services that were above and beyond the goals in my son's IEP. Once my son moved on to middle school, Kepa tutored him successfully in math and writing. Kepa is kind, creative, and fun and has a particular gift for meeting kids where they are. I've never met a kid (or adult) that didn't absolutely love Kepa!