Hi my name is Keith. I am a 3x Grammy nominated platinum selling music producer and professional touring musician. I have more than 20 years of experience playing the piano, synthesizers, and work stations under my belt. I am formally trained in Classical and Jazz piano techniques and application. I am fluent in music theory and can play by ear as well. I graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Arts Management from Long Island University - CW Post Campus in New York. In addition to classical and Jazz I am able to teach Gospel music as well. I have had the pleasure of musically Directing bands and/or producing for many known artist including: John Legend, Miguel, and Neyo. Teaching music is my passion and I am offering piano lessons to kids and adults, all styles, all levels, in your home or online. My Lesson Schedule is Flexible. I am very patient with students and want to see you reach your goals. Let's start today!!!
I use the keyboard everyday to create music for signed and not signed artist. I take the skill I have accumulated over my 20+ years as a piano/Keyboard player and apply them to my everyday job of creating music. I can teach you too how to use the piano and keyboard to create music that will inspire.
While working with Chrisette Michelle I created the live show. During practices and performances I directed the musicians in her ten piece band. I had to make sure all the musicians played the correct parts for each song and that the transitions between songs were smooth and seamless. I was told by her and management that I did an exceptional job. I also played keyboards in her band.
I was in charge of making sure the youth musicians and choir we're ready to perform every friday for youth church. I also had the responsibility to make sure every person in the youth band played and know their part correctly.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Music Theory · Online Keith is a an awesome teacher! I learned so much from him in the span of a few weeks. Every lesson is packed full of information and he makes sure you totally get and understand the lesson before moving onto the next chapter. I really appreciate that he corrects me whenever I make mistakes especially when it comes to staying on beat while playing the piano with the metronome. Lessons are also never boring with him. I feel that he truly cares for the musical growth of his students. Although, I'm taking a break from Take Lessons when I enroll again I will choose Keith for Piano/Music Theory.
· Piano · In home This was my 1st lesson ever and my Instructor, Keith, was very patient and thorough. I need that. So far so good.
· Piano · In home Keith is very personable and you automatically feel very comfortable with him. I learned so much in just the first lesson. I can't wait to learn more.
· Piano · In studio Keith was very friendly right off the bat, and gave a great first piano lesson to me! I'm looking forward to the next few lessons with him!
· Piano · In studio I am very thankful to have had the opportunity to have Keith as my piano/music theory instructor. He was very patient with me and made sure I understood the lessons and the concepts. It had been a long time since the last time I played piano and he accommodated to my needs and what I needed to learn first before we advanced to the next level of the lesson. If you're just starting out, he's a great first teacher to have!
· Piano · In studio Keith's knowledge in music production and his skill level for playing the piano is impressive to say the least. As an instructor/mentor Keith has the ability to inspire and encourage students to learn. Learning music theory on your own can be challenging and frustrating, but Keith has the ability to explain it in a way where difficult concepts may become easy to grasp. The techniques that he has taught me has also made sight reading and playing in general easier and more enjoyable. Keith often gives me constructive criticism on some of my own music production that I bring in, and shares ideas with me on how I can build on a chord progression to take my production to the next level, which I really appreciate. I would highly recommend Keith to anyone ready to learn.
· Piano · Online Two lessons in, I can officially confirm that Keith is an AMAZING teacher (and person to boot).
My piano background was a little questionable beforehand (primarily self-taught via YouTube), but having someone as talented and encouraging as Keith tailoring a lesson plan specifically for me has already exponentially improved my technique. Your search for a teacher ends here. Five stars. :)
· Piano · In studio Excellent! I gained a deeper understanding of music and found that Keith has a way of making music visible and something you can feel would highly recommend!
· Piano · In studio Keith is an amazing and versatile musician. With a degree from LIU Post, he is well-equipped to instruct students from beginner to advanced in a variety of musical styles! I highly reccomend Keith as an instructor.
· Piano · In home Keith is very kind, patient and knowledgeable on how to instruct piano lessons to a novice as myself. 5 stars!