- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Kathryn K - I am excited to be offering acting and vocal performance coaching sessions and speaking lessons with Take Lessons. I have worked with some outstanding artists through TL. I am here to help you delve into your creativity in a supportive way.
Examples of the roles my actors have booked include, the Hulu hit, "Chance","Thirteen Reasons Why" as well as HBO's "Looking" and Woody Allen's "Blue Jasmine", "Touching Home" starring Ed Harris, to name a few. Theatrical productions include Theatreworks "Pride and Prejudice" and Berkeley Repertory's "Hand to God" and there are many more in each of these categories. Many of them have booked commercials, (Nationals and Regionals) and most have landed agents. They are all either in SAGAFTRA and Actors Equity or their way to becoming part of our performers unions. I am also fortunate to work with screenwriters.
I strive to collaborate with my artists to make sure they are out working in the industry. And they are.
I work in the San Francisco Bay Area, LA and Online. I am available to travel. I offer artistic and industry assistance at no additional charge.
We will work on technique, audition technique, monologues, scene work, as well study all aspects of acting and singing performance in order to prepare you for where you want to be as an artist.
Actors and Singers
They are definitely the most difficult and nerve wracking part of being an actor or singer, right? Booking work means your audition has to be as good as opening night.
Auditioning is about preparation and preparation takes consistent support. Look, showbiz is not a business about being alone. Artists thrive when working together. We are a collaborative bunch and collaborating to make sure you're ready and organized for your auditions makes sense.
Stop trying to muscle through this necessary step alone. No one who works consistently does that! They ask for help. ASK FOR HELP!!
Solidify your acting choices so you don't have to worry about them the day before your audition. Know your prep so you can internally drop into it when the casting director says, "Whenever you're ready."
Have your music material and performance choices prepared ahead of time.
BE AHEAD OF SCHEDULE.
Work with me when your agent sends you your sides so you show up READY. Know your lines. It's OK if your struggling with memorization.
Let's figure out How YOU memorize.
Let me coach you for online audition submissions.
If we are working virtually I will coach while you are taping yourself to submit your online audition. It works!
Let me collaborate with on script analysis in order for you to you understand your material before you audition.
Take your work seriously so you bring your most intelligent and inspiring work to the audition rooms.
You'll be bringing the agents, casting directors, directors, producers and writers the inspiration they crave regarding their beloved projects. Do that and you're gonna book.
I know you can work and I can't wait to make it happen with you.
Kathryn is a member of the Sag-Aftra and Actors Equity and BMI and is a Critics Circle Award Winner.
Kathryn has worked with such legends as Tennessee Ernie Ford, Ben Vereen, Word Baker, who directed the first a one-act version of “The Fantastics” and then the historic two-act show, Sandy Duncan, Loretta Lynn, Flip Wilson. She studied at the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) and HB Studio in New York City.
For Parents of Minor:
I'm available to help you understand this somewhat confusing industry.
Vocal Coaching Available - Vocal Coaching
Music Performance - Technique and Performance- songwriting
About Kathryn and Music
KATHRYN K is a soulful singer and prolific songwriter.
You can find more about Kathryn's music and her life story, which has allowed her to be of service to many, in national and local media, including: The Oakland Tribune, the San Francisco Chronicle, the San Jose Mercury News, Broadway World, Reader's Digest, NPR, The Gil Gross Show, The Montel Williams Show, and The Mancow Muller Show, NPR and Woman Magazine, UK.
Kathryn has released a video and CD with Multi - Grammy winning producer and drummer, Narada Michael Walden, Tarpan Records in Marin County, Ca. Walden says, "Kat is bringing the message of hope, light, love and faith to people's lives." Walden says. "I am proud of her and her divine mission."
Gil Gross, Host The Gil Gross Show Radio, ABC "I have loved Kathryn's music from the day I first heard her sing, but even being a fan of her recordings did not prepare me for seeing her perform live. She is a great live performer holding her audience willing captives to each turn of a melody and the drama of every lyric. She more than sings. She inhabits a song and involves each member of the audience in its drama, joy or sorrow. There are performers for whom a performance is a night out. When Kathryn performs its a lifetime shared with us in a single evening. If you want to merely hear some tunes, there are many people who will do. If you want a real experience in music, there is Kathryn.
Kathryn's latest show is being created with director David Ford (Marsh Theatre) and Kevin Gerzevitz and her concerts features a whos who list of world-renowned musicians: Gerzevitz and Grammy-Nominated Bassist, Michael Manring; Album of the Year Winner, Trumpeter, Jeff Oster; Master Percussionist, Joe Venegoni; Guitar Virtuoso, Tom Lattanand; Critically Acclaimed Pianist, Kelly Park; Celebrated Flutist, Barbara Else; and from the Steve Winwood Band, Brazilian-born Drummer, Celso Alberti.
Kathryn has played a variety of venues, including the renowned Yoshi's Oakland Jazz Club, the Bitter End and Symphony Space in New York City, the Knitting Factory in Los Angeles, the Plush Room and the Fairmont in San Francisco, as well as Mill Valley's premier showcase, the Throckmorton Theatre, Theatre on the Square, the Beacon Theatre, Great American Music Hall,The Mint, The Fairmont, to name a few. She has Cd's at all outlets.
Kathryn K. has been coaching all levels of actors and singers for theatre, film, television and commercials, helping them land agents and book jobs and gain acceptance into universities and conservatories since 2001.
She is a sought after audition coach and coach for those who are currently working on ongoing projects.
Kathryn K. individualizes sessions based on the needs of each student and is an expert in various techniques of acting. She is best known as a Method coach. She has been working in show business since she was a child and is an award-winning singer, actor and performer. She is a member of the Screen Actors Guild-AFTRA, Actors Equity Association and is a published songwriter (BMI).
Paralegal - Person who is able to work with a lawyer and although I never used this working with an attorney I have in fact, found it very useful to have in all aspects of show business.
Broadcast Music Inc. was founded in 1939 by forward-thinkers who wanted to represent songwriters in emerging genres, like jazz, blues and country, and protect the public performances of their music. Operating on a non-profit-making basis, BMI is now the largest music rights organization in the U.S. and is still nurturing new talent and new music.
An American labor union representing over 160,000 film and television principal and background performers, journalists, and radio personalities worldwide.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Acting · Online Kathryn is an amazing teacher! I've been working with her for nearly a year now. At first I was hesitant doing classes online, but I don't regret taking the leap. I've definitely improved my acting skills in the months we've been working together; she gives great feedback and really cares about her students, not ONLY in the way of their acting skills. I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to get into acting. I started out knowing nothing and I can say 100% that what I know now is largely in part of Kathryn!
· Acting · Online I always try and surround myself with people who give me confidence and make me better. Kathryn does both of those. She doesn't view you as a dollar sign but as an artist. She's the coach that sends you "Happy Birthday" and "Get Well Soon" texts because she genuinely cares.
I've been with her for over a year already and have no plans of stopping. Thank you so much, Kathryn. :)
· Acting · In studio I'm so lucky to have found Kathryn. I was looking for acting classes in my area and found this site and as if it was meant to be. She's an amazing person and coach. I am naturally a very shy person and this was scary for me but after my first session with her i knew this was right for me. Acting is harder than a thought but i am learning and it's getting easier and it's so much fun! She's cares very much for her students and wants them to be successful!! Thank you Kathryn!!!
· Singing · Online Very knowledgeable, friendly, and goes out of her way to help. Understands music and character and critiques in a way to get you were you want to go! Great instructor!
· Acting · In home Kathryn was great!! My daughter was very nervous before the lesson but when she was done she came out smiling and very happy. Thank you.
· Audition Prep · Online Kathryn was awesome! The lesson was very informative, and we had a lot of fun! I look forward to our next lesson :-)
· Acting · Online What an amazing coach and all around person!! Kathryn has helped me build confidence in myself as well as build my technique as an actress. I am beyond grateful for her knowledge, patience and kindness. I highly recommend her expertise.
· Acting · Online Profession, super smart and to the point! Highly recommend, she helped my daughter prepare for an audition and book the job! We will be back!
· Acting · Online Test
· Singing · In studio Kathryn was a tremendous teacher! I not only progressed in my singing technique but Kathryn helped be grow my confidence as a performer and a composer! Kathryn also has an amazing personality on top of everything which I believe makes her a great person to learn from.