- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi, my name is Kasumi and I am a graduate of the Eastman School of Music. I am a former substitute flutist with the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra and have been making a living as an employed professional flutist in the Washington, D.C. area since 2009. I regularly perform and teach clinics all over the country and have been teaching privately for the last five years. By sharing what I’ve learned in my 17 years of personal experience as a student and a professional, I can help students build a solid foundation and reach a wide range of goals.
The U.S Army Field Band is a premier band based out of Washington, D.C. The organization selects highly qualified musicians through a competitive audition process.
The National Flute Association, founded in 1972, is the largest flute organization in the world. Approximately 5,000 members from more than 50 countries join together in person, online, at conventions, informally and in forums, through publications and classrooms, in performance, in friendship and collegiality. Guided by its goals to encourage a higher standard of artistic excellence for the flute, its performers, and its literature, members include leading soloists, orchestral players, jazz and world music performers, teachers, adult amateurs, and students of all ages.
· Flute · Online I have been a flute teacher for forty years with many outstanding and nationally award-winning students but Kasumi stands out among my favorite students and performers.
I was so lucky to have Kasumi start in 6th grade and continue through high school with me. Along the way she picked up many awards through the Seattle Flute Society, the Seattle Young Artists, and the Seattle Youth Symphony where she was first chair in every orchestra. Her high school career culminated in being selected to attend the very prestigious Eastman School of Music with a very generous scholarship.
Kasumi has a sparkly personality and that sparkle shines in her playing. Building on a solid musical and technical base she adds her own distinctive ideas and nuances to create a personal performance.
Having been part of the creative team to produce The United States Army Field Band Flute Fundamentals DVD, Kasumi is well equipped to teach beginners who have never opened a flute case to serious students hoping for a musical career- and to make it fun!
· Flute · Online Kasumi has been a colleague of mine since our time together at Eastman. Her knowledge of flute pedagogy and technique is impressive and she plays with warmth and clarity. However, it is her enthusiasm, kindness, and patience that make her a joy to work with, both for students and colleagues. I would highly recommend Kasumi to anyone considering flute lessons!
· Flute · Online I couldn't recommend Kasumi highly enough! I have known and worked with her for 10 years, from being in the same class at the Eastman School of Music to now working together in the US Army Field Band. She is extremely professional and always easy to work with. Anyone would be lucky to work with her!!
· Flute · In studio Kasumi is a great flute teacher! I took her lessons for over a year to help with my flute performance in high school marching band, and she helped me with improving my flute skills. I loved having weekly flute lessons not only because she inspired me to practice more but because she played her flute beautifully! She motivates her students to work harder, and she is an amazing person! She is definitely the best flute instructor I've had!
· Flute · In home Kasumi is someone whom I have known since she began her own flute lessons all the way until now. I have witnessed her amazing journey from being a flute student to an accomplished flutist and a skilled (and compassionate) teacher. Her talent should be obvious on her resume. It is her personality--warmth and patience--that makes her a good teacher.
· Flute · Online I have had the privilege of working with Kasumi over the last few years. She is both a wonderful musician and person. I have no doubt you will enjoy her warm personality and gain superior skills through her expert guidance.
· Flute · Online Kasumi is a fabulous flutist and a down-to-earth teacher with a lot to offer. She has been a colleague of mine in the Army Field Band for several years and I recommend her highly.