I grew up in Chicago where I took violin lessons at Northwestern University's Music Academy and played in the youth violin group Northwestern Strings. I then attended Oberlin College and spent summers busking, teaching lessons and playing gigs. I now work in the education sphere and continue to play with various groups. I have been playing violin for 19 years and teaching for 3 years. Teaching is my favorite part of continued musical study.
· Violin · In studio She is kind and good at teaching! I want to keep learning violin from her! :)
· Violin · In studio it was great and i hope i learn very much
the review was amazing
· Violin · In home She is a great instructor, passionate about violin and teaching.
· Violin · In studio Karlyn is a talented violinist and an effective instructor. She understands good technique and knows how to help you improve. She is wonderfully kind and friendly, and I would definitely recommend taking lessons with her!
· Violin · In home She really knows how to adjust my hand and bow positions so my tone and intonation improve! I still use the exercises she taught me and feel I have a good foundation for technique. She analyzed what I was doing and figured out where my problems lay. I'm just a beginner, but I'm off to a good start and sound good for a beginner. Unfortunately, she moved from my area.