- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Woodwind specialist Julie P. is a New York City freelancer and teacher. Julie became a multi-instrumentalist at an early age and now enjoys playing oboe, saxophone, flute and clarinet in her work on Broadway and other concerts and productions in the NYC area. Julie has played in over 40 musical theater productions, as well as with the Songwriter’s Orchestra and the Philadelphia Orchestra Society. She is an active chamber musician and currently plays with the Hudson Winds Woodwind Quartet.
Julie has a MM in Music Performance from New Jersey City University and a BM in Music Education from Ithaca College. Julie has been teaching for 16 years and has worked with hundreds of students. She enjoys teaching students of all ages and abilities, helping them discover their own personal musical expression.
Julie has written a number of articles for the TakeLessons Teacher Blog:
6 Websites for Finding Free Flute Sheet Music
5 Excellent Goals for Kids’ Music Lessons | A Guide for Parents & Teachers
3 Ways Your iPod Can Help You Get Better at Piano
5 Fun (& Easy) Piano Duets for Beginners and Beyond
10 of the Best Piano Duet Books All Pianists Need
Intro To Classical Piano Music Styles
15+ Piano Duets for Every Skill Level
5 Ways to Sneak Piano Practice Into Your Busy Schedule
How to Improve Your Piano Practice with a Metronome
How Often Should You Practice Violin to REALLY Improve?
In-Person, Online, or DIY: What’s the Best Way to Learn Violin?
5 Ways To Make Money Playing Violin
5 Famous Violin Players You've Got To Know
5 Violin Techniques You Didn't Know Existed
Violin Techniques: How To Get A Stronger Bow Arm
Is Buying A Used Violin A Good or Bad Idea?
Is the Suzuki Violin Method Right for Your Child?
How to Hold a Violin Properly
Top 5 Instructional Violin Books for Kids
The Pros and Cons of the Suzuki Violin Method
The Ultimate Violin Performance Checklist for Parents
How to Hold A Violin Bow
10 More Helpful Apps for Violinists
How to Choose the Best Violin Songs for Your Recital
Best Violin Songs and Tips for Wedding Performances
5 Violin Exercises to Help Build Finger Strength
Expert Tips: How to Play the Violin With Accompaniment
15 Easy Violin Songs That Make You Sound Impressive
25+ Violin Practice Tips to Help You Improve...Fast!
How Long Does It Take To Learn Violin?
Teach private flute, clarinet, saxophone, piano and violin lessons.
Taught private lessons on: flute, clarinet, saxophone, violin, viola, trumpet and piano.
Played Alto Saxophone, Clarinet and Flute in main theater orchestra on cruise ships.
Instructed elementary and middle school band and orchestra students in private lessons and group ensemble. Directed culminating concert.
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In studio Great instructor..
· Saxophone · Online Julie is great. She patient and kind. My daughter enjoys every lesson.
· Saxophone · Online My son is learning so much with Julie. She is a great teacher. She is skilled with the sax but also skilled connecting with her students and helping them progress! I'm so pleased!!
· Violin · In home This first lesson was great.
· Piano · Online Wow! Julie is so knowledgeable, patient and a natural teacher. She covered so much ground in 30 minutes. Looking forward to progressing with more lessons.
· Flute · In studio We're very happy with Julie's flute lessons. My daughter switched from France to the US and working with Julie has helped her in the change and in progressing with her flute skills. Julie is a very safe choice.
· Saxophone · In studio She is awesome. And She is really kindness.
· Flute · In studio Outstanding! First lesson - she had the patience of a saint and I learned a great deal. Can't wait for next session!
· Saxophone · In studio Julie is an awesome teacher. I'm in my 20's and was looking for someone to teach me the saxophone. I was a total beginner, and Julie was so patient from the beginning.
During each lesson, Julie taught me new things while enforcing the ideas she taught the previous lessons so that I would work on perfecting one skill while learning a new one, which encouraged me to continue practicing and working on the different techniques.
Additionally, Julie went above and beyond, helping me find a new instrument, as well as sending me many different songs to practice throughout the week. She really took the time to make sure I was learning as much as possible and learning it well.
Overall, I think Julie is a wonderful and talented teacher that really knows how to teach each student on their own level, and I'm so grateful to have taken lessons with her. I highly recommend!
· Flute · In studio Julie has honestly changed my mindset about the flute. She has helped me improve tremendously and I have thoroughly enjoyed lessons and learning with her. I am in 7th grade and play at school in a large band. The individual teaching has helped me in so many ways. She helped boost my confidence in playing the flute and on sight reading music pieces. I was struggling coming into class, but even after the first couple of classes the improvement was amazing. Julie has helped me correct some of my bad habits. She has not only taught me almost everything I know, she has taught me how to do my own independent work as well. I am always very comfortable asking any question I have. As well as teaching me how to play the flute, Julie has taught me about music. When I play pieces, often she will show me a video of a huge group playing it. We also play many duets with her on flute or piano which is not only fun but very educational in my flute development. She is also very flexible and friendly. I 120% recommend her for any age or instrument. Julie is challenging, yet fun. She is an amazing musician and teacher and I can't thank her enough!