- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Julia is a bassoonist and private teacher in Chicago. She studied at Oberlin Conservatory and DePaul University, and she has performs with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, the Civic Orchestra of Chicago, Music of the Baroque, the Northbrook Symphony and 42nd Parallel. Her woodwind trio advanced to the semifinals of the 2014 Fischoff Competition.
Currently, Julia performs frequently with Second City Winds. Find more about their concerts on Facebook!
Julia teaches a private studio in Chicago as well as being on faculty for Lake Forest College. Julia previously taught music at a preschool in Chicago. She has also taught music and dance in Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, and Minnesota.
Julia is a friendly teacher, and she enjoys challenging her students. She welcomes newcomers! If you are interested in trying out a bassoon for the first time she can set up a trial lesson. Her current students range from 12- 65 years of age, beginner to advanced.
I teach applied lessons to undergraduate bassoon students at Lake Forest College.
Our woodwind quintet, Second City Winds, performs free concerts around the Chicagoland area at libraries, schools and churches. You can find them on facebook and our website is coming soon!
Taught introduction to bassoon classes to children ages 6-11.
Julia teaches music and movement classes to children ages 3 months to 3 years.
Julia taught an introduction to dance to children ages 7-11 through the Lakes Area Music Festival in Brainerd Minnesota.
Julia coached high school woodwind quintets and assistant young student in practice techniques.
· Bassoon · In studio I have known Julia for many years as a colleague---both as a performer and as a fellow educator. She is a brilliant, knowledgable musician, devoted teacher, and generally fantastic human being. She genuinely cares about her students' progress and is motivated to ensure they have a positive experience with music, no matter their proficiency.
It's rare to find a teacher with Julia's strong background as a highly educated professional bassoonist combined with her passion for teaching. I strongly recommend studying with her!
· Bassoon · In home I am an older student who took up playing the bassoon again after 20 years. I was quite intimidated getting back into playing. Julia has been amazingly supportive and helped me get back up to speed. She has also taught me techniques I did not learn 20 years ago! I look forward to each lesson because of this and notice a real improvement in my playing. I wouldn't trade Julia for any other instructor.