Hi, there! My name is Josh, and I can't wait to meet you! I am fairly new to private teaching and am looking forward to helping my students get a good solid start with either piano, or improvised theatre. I studied theatre in Philadelphia at the University of the Arts, and I trained at the IO theatre in Chicago for improvised theatre. I studied jazz piano with Dr. Joe Utterback in Stratford, CT. I've been performing in Chicago as an improvisor and mucisian for about 4 years. I'm a relaxed and friendly person and my teaching style is very much based on what you want to accomplish, though I'd be happy to make suggestions. I really look forward to helping you reach your goals!
Teach improvisational Theatre to 4th-8th graders
Writing new music with other cast members. Helping Vocalists with warm ups and melodies. Scoring and improvising musically along with the show.
Improvised Theatre and comedy
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is licensed by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation as a continuing education sponsor of selected social work, professional counselor, and marriage and family therapy training.
· Piano · In home Alexa was excited to take lessons with Josh and really enjoyed them!
· Piano · In home Josh was very helpful for a beginner like myself. He got me started on my path.
· Piano · In home Josh was such a great teacher! He made learning really fun. I definitely recommend.
· Piano · In studio Great teacher!
· · a very talented likable artist. Patient and easy to learn from. Excellent with children.
· Piano · In studio Josh is a great player and a very patient teacher. I would definite recommend Josh!
· Piano · In studio I have worked with Josh on a number of youth productions as a music director. He has a lot knowledge, understanding, and patience. He is a great teacher!