- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I started my musical education in a children's choir at age 6.
When I turned 8 years old, I began piano lessons. I started violin
at 9 and trombone at 10. I am now proficient on the guitar, bass, and piano. Having completed my tour of duty in the U.S. Army, I am currently on the Dean's list as a music/audio production major, and plan to continue my music education until I earn at least a masters in performance and composition. I started my teaching career at Milestones in Music, a local studio, as an independent contractor, and was able to gain valuable experience, and through my membership in the National Association for Music Education(NAfME) I was able to fine tune my curriculum. I am a former member of the Grammy U Recording Academy, and have had opportunities to work with a lot of different musicians. (The Recording Academy is the organization that created the most prestigious
award in music, the Grammy). I am the band leader at my church Montco Bible Fellowship, and the lead audio tech for an audio/video group.. Sanctuary Sound. I also do consultant work for organizations looking to setup a sound system/studio. I enjoy recording my own music in my home studio, and learning to play new instruments. I hope to pass my love for music to the next generation!
*** Lesson Details ***
I am a very laid back instructor... as you will find out! I understand that not everyone learns at the same rate; however, I am a perfectionist and don't allow students to advance until they have learned a particular skill. I would rather a student take forever to learn a song, and practice it with good technique, than be able to play it right away with poor form and posture! I reinforce the value of working toward goals and celebrate with students when they reach them. I understand that every student has different interests and reasons for wanting to learn an instrument... I try to focus on the areas that are of interest to the student, because if you are enjoying yourself then you will excel. This does not mean that the subjects and skills that are not of interest will not be taught, because I believe in being a well-rounded musician. I teach both jazz (improvisation/reading chord charts) and classical (written/ composed music).
*** Studio Equipment ***
My studio is currently not optimal for teaching... I hope to change this within the next year!!
*** Travel Equipment ***
I provide lesson books and other learning materials, but expect to be reimbursed. I expect the student to have their own instrument/equipment. Piano students are required to have a piano or a keyboard with weighted keys/hammer-action (preferably 88 keys), a piano bench and a pedal. Guitar/bass students must have an acoustic/electric guitar/bass with a strap or footstool, pick, and cable and amplifier if applicable! Digital audio students must have their own computer, Digital Audio workstation (software), digital audio interface, speakers/headphones and midi controller. ALL STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE A NOTEBOOK (college rule or staff)!!
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in classical and jazz piano! I am more than proficient at most production software including: reason, fl studio, ableton live... and other editing software such as sony sound forge, audacity, etc...
I have been teaching private instrumental lessons full time since 2011. i have experience with kids as young as 4 yrs old to senior citizens!! I also have experience teaching autistic children as young as 6!!
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Guitar · In home A+
· Music Theory · In home Jonathan was great! He captured my son's attention and taught him the critically important basics.
· Piano · In home We've been really happy with Jonathan so far. He's been teaching my son for a few months and I love that he teaches both classical and jazz/improv in tandem. I was taught classically only and I see so much value in this side by side approach- best of both worlds. He's patient but he also has high standards. Glad we found him!
· · His teaching techniques were very helpful especially when it comes to learning about the guitar. He was also very patient in teaching basic information as well as providing useful tips and ideas.
· Piano · In home Jonathan is a great teacher, and very patient with me. I decided to take lessons as a hobby for retirement and wanted to learn a little about jazz and blues. Jonathan taught me the basics and then picked a few songs and doesn't leave the song until you feel pretty comfortable playing the melody, accompaniment and even some soloing. I looks forward to all of my lessons
· Piano · In home Patient and helpful teacher. Always friendly and explains things well so that it is very easy to understand. I've improved immensely in the past ~2 years, thanks to him. Great for anyone looking to begin in jazz piano and theory!
· Piano · In home Awesome guy! Very knowledgeable
· Piano · In home Jonathan is very patient- I'm an old timer- self taught with tons of bad habits and a real lack of any music theory. Jonathan is patient and a lot of fun as a teacher. I really look forward to our lessons.
· Bass Guitar · In home My son was very happy with Jonathan's approach and is excited to learn the proper way to play bass.
· Piano · In home My daughter was hesitant starting with a new teacher since we just moved to the area. Jonathan was great and she was very happy with the lesson