- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Jonathan began his musical studies at age 7, after falling in love with his first classical music cassette tape given to him the prior year. Jonathan trained as a pianist throughout his childhood, and studied with the venerated Harvey Wedeen at Temple University in Philadelphia through middle and high school. He made his orchestral debut as soloist with the Lancaster Symphony Orchestra at age 15, after winning their instrumental competition. Continuing his piano studies into college, where piano was his primary instrument, he completed a bachelors in music at the Eastman School of Music. During these college years, he played regular outreach concerts as part of a chamber group for a myriad of organizations. He has given solo recitals, accompanied other musicians, and played in chamber groups. He now holds a doctorate in music from the University of Maryland at College Park.
During high school, Jonathan became fascinated by writing his own music, and now holds three degrees from preeminent schools in the field of music composition. His music has been performed by numerous ensembles and musicians, including the Kronos Quartet, Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, Eastman Musica Nova, and Knox-Galesburg Symphony. He was recently a featured guest composer at the Bowling Green State University New Music and Art Festival. His piece for stings, Nightscape, has been a particular audience favorite and performed by orchestras across the US. Jonathan also enjoys doing collaborative and multimedia projects with local choreographers, videographers, and musicians.
As a teacher, Jonathan is exceptionally patient, always engaged with his students’ progress, and actively listens to what his students want from their lessons and in helping them decide on the music they want to play. He takes a very practical and holistic approach to teaching keyboard, and always makes sure to discover the fun in learning. Jonathan strongly believes that all students, no matter where one is in life, possess the ability to achieve success in their lessons – and that his job is to guide them to unlock and discover their potential, to inspire their curiosity, and to help them advance their musical skills on their chosen instrument. Jonathan has also taught courses in theory, aural skills, sight-singing, and composition at the University of Maryland and Ball State University. He has studied music pedagogy, and actively pursues researching about new methods and developments on the learning process.
· Piano · In home We have been very happy with Jonathan. He has been a great instructor for my two children and their very different musical needs.
· Piano · In home Jonathan is very punctual and he very rarely ever cancels our lessons. Jonathan does a great job teaching my kids and they seem to be taking to his instruction well. As a teacher Jonathan is very patient and he actually seems to care about what he is doing. Jonathan is a great piano teacher!
· Piano · In home Jonathan teaches our two boys, ages 9 and 7, piano lessons. He's excellent! He comes prepared, he's an accomplished pianist, and the boys love him.