- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I'm available for in-studio and online lessons and coaching.
***I am excited announce this year that four of my students were invited to audition for the NATS national level competition after having placed first, second, and third at the regional level. Two were accepted. Out of the 219 students at the audition one of my students placed first. Congratulations Laura, Mariel, Garrett, and Greer.***
I hold a BA and MMus in voice performance and have been teaching privately and in schools for over 15 years. I currently hold adjunct professorships at Clemson University and at Anderson University. In addition to private voice, piano, and instrumental instruction I have taught bands and choirs on multiple levels for 12 years. I feel my breadth of experience has enabled me to develop a deeper understanding of common learning traits and focus on skill based learning.
I'm comfortable teaching students of all ages including special needs students, and I have developed a practice method that triples the efficiency of each hour of practice time.
You're likely to hear me say:
"Practice makes permanent."
"If a student isn't having fun, I'm doing something wrong"
"If it sounds good, it is good."
I teach voice here. Go Tigers!
Anderson University has recently been named one of the top private liberal arts colleges in the Southeast. I have the privilege of teaching voice and directing the University Choir.
Directing choir and band and teaching music appreciation and film criticism kept me thoroughly busy.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
· Vocal Training · In studio Extremely helpful. Noticeable improvement after only three lessons.
· Piano · In studio Jonathon is knowledgeable and is able to translate that into concise instructions for improving ones piano skills. I used him as a 'surge' to speed up my learning and he provided me with several tips that have helped.
· Classical Voice · In studio I am grateful to Jonathan for helping me so much in such a short time frame. I have learned so much already! He is transforming the way I sing!
· Saxophone · In studio Had a great first lesson!
· Singing · In studio Excellent teacher
· Vocal Training · In studio I'm a beginner who has learned so much in just 5 lessons, and I plan to continue soon. Besides that, Mr. Doyle is a kind teacher who is passionate about teaching his students, and makes one feel at home.
· Singing · In studio Very professional, detail and patient teacher who helps me make progresss on singing from 0 experience.
· Singing · In home Very good informative first lesson. I felt comfortable and at ease. Great instructor.
· Singing · In studio Very clean and cooperative instructor