Hey! I look forward to meeting you. My name is Jon and I play Bass guitar. Although I learned most brass and woodwinds before leaving high school, I mostly concentrate on bass playing.
My education and experience includes one year at SIUE studying theory/composition, and over 25 years of actual writing/arranging/and playing. I can play and teach in most every style and treat them all as valid. I've arranged many horn parts for concert/jazz bands as well as a few pop band arrangements. My playing mostly consists of clubs, but I have extensive experience playing at churches and for special local concerts/events.
I not only teach a range of techniques, but also music reading, groove interpretation, and ear training as well.
Playing gigs, doing studio work, arranging, giving lessons, etc...
Commissioned to write Jr. High and High School graduation marches for the band since it was very limited.
Gave individuals lessons including bass, guitar, and flute.
Give sectional/individual lessons, arrange music and/or direct band, help students to interpret music, and general tasks.
· Arrangement and Composition · In studio Jon is a very gifted, well rounded musician with a vast array of knowledge from theory to composition. Although he consentrates on bass guitar, he plays a variety of instruments and has the patience and ability to help anyone from beginner level to active musicians that gig on a regular basis. I've personally taken lessons and instruction from Jon for over 6 years, while also performing along side him on stage. As an active performing musician, Jon helped me bring my skill set to another level in piano. He also gave me basic instruction on rhythm guitar. Lastly, I even asked Jon to help me write and produce an original song, which we did, and the quality was amazing. I highly recommend Jon Wilson if you are looking for a music instructor that will keep your interest and give you the knowledge you need for whatever level of musicianship you desire.
· Bass Guitar · In home Jon is a fantastic bassist. Let's start with that. I have some experience, but I needed to step up a level. Jon helped me do that. He worked with me on technique, fingering and hand placement. I would highly recommend him. Not only can he play it, he can teach it.
· · In home Fantastic instructor!! Jon was my piano & saxophone teacher many years ago. He's friendly, intelligent, & truly has a love for music that makes him a great teacher. Whether you're just starting out or brushing up on your skills, Jon can easily tailor to your needs.
· Bass Guitar · In home Absolutely amazing instructed! Very on task and if just starting off? He is the guy to talk to! He will have you Funking, rocking and, just straight up jamming with all your fellow musicians in no time at all!!! Added to that amazing composer ;)
· Arrangement and Composition · In home Excellent instructor! I had the pleasure to have one on one saxophone lessons with Jon. Really helped to prepare me for the competitions we went to with my school. Extremely talented man on any piece of musical instrument.