- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a patient, caring teacher with NYS certification in music education and many years of experience in private instruction and in the public schools. I teach piano and voice and individualize instruction for each student. You will learn basic technique, theory, and repertoire, and then you will focus on the music you want to learn. We'll work together to make the lessons fun and interesting. Teaching is a way for me to share my love of music. My goal is to see my students learn, progress, and perform on their own.
I teach all styles, ages, and ability levels, and specialize in popular, Broadway, jazz and rock. I am qualified to prepare you for NYSSMA, levels I - VI, and can also prepare you for high school, college, and theater auditions.
I'd like to give you an idea of what the lessons are like. For younger students, I use a combination of method books and fun songs that your child will enjoy. With older students and adults, we can go in different directions, for example: rehearsing for school auditions, talent shows, concerts, and plays, performing original songs, using recorded accompaniment, playing duets, improvising solos, using electric keyboards and synthesizers, learning keyboard accompaniment for singer/songwriters, and more. And we don't forget the fundamentals.
No matter what your musical goal, we can achieve it together. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Will travel to your home. Ages 6 and up. I may have some flexibility in my on-line schedule, depending on your location and my travel time. Please contact me.
Teach students of all ages and ability levels.
Collaborate in production of shows including Hairspray, Alladin, Music Man, and many others.
I've been performing in bands as a keyboard player since high school. My experience includes: touring in rock and r & b bands, working as musical director, accompanist, and arranger for singers, playing in small jazz ensembles and jazz big bands. I currently perform throughout the NY metropolitan area in clubs, restaurants, hotels and schools.
Director of Concert Chorus and Jazz Chorus. Concert Chorus participated In NYSSMA Major Organization Festival, All County Chorus and National Chorale Invitational Middle School Festival. Jazz Chorus was supported by a grant from the Midori Foundation. Students learned jazz repertoire and vocal improvisation (scat singing).
· Piano · In home he is a wonderful teacher
· Piano · In home Jon was very patient with me as a beginner with never having learned how to read music before or play any instruments. I learned a lot which gave me confidence to continue with my lessons.
· Piano · In home When I look back on my education, very few things really stick out. However, I will never forget those amazing teachers that bring a subject to life and change the way you think, forever. Jon is one of those teachers. He is encouraging, patient, informative, and helps you grow as a musician. I started as a beginner with a dream to play the piano. Even though I am still learning, that dream is now a reality and I can really play! If you have an opportunity to study with Jon, I highly suggest you take it. He changed my life and I'm sure he could change yours.