- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Johnny received his Bachelors of Music at the University of Alabama, under the tutelage of Carlton McCreery, and currently earning a Masters of Music at The Boston Conservatory with Andrew Mark. Johnny made his debut performance in 2011, performing Dvorak's Cello Concerto with Albuquerque Youth Symphony under the direction of Gabriel Gordon. Since then, Johnny had many opportunities to work with members of the Russian National Orchestra, Berliner Philharmoniker, and the Boston Symphony Orchestra.
· Cello · Online Excellent class!
· Cello · Online Currently taking cello lessons with Johnny and his teaching style is great, learning a lot with him + becoming inspired/getting excited about progress. He's able to pick apart stuff at a very detailed level and help me work through it. Aside from all the technique aspects of cello playing he's good at explaining via online lesson with the details and what not, his motivational talks are helpful if you're having a session where for whatever reason you can't focus and you're kind of flying off the rails.....he'll also remind you that this is music and to do stuff like visualize things like colors or imagine things or recall memories, think of emotions, etc while you are playing.
· Cello · In home Johnny has been a fantastic teacher for my 12-year old beginning cello player. He managed to keep even the introductory lessons (parts of the instrument, posture, etc.) engaging and now that she is actually making music it is even better. Not only is Johnny incredibly talented and knowledgeable, but he also has a knack for explaining concepts to beginners. My daughter truly looks forward to her weekly lessons!
· Cello · In home My son is a beginner for cello and eager to get a hang of this instrument. Johnny was very patient and taught him a lot of techniques that he's missing from his school group lessons.
· Cello · Online Johnny is an excellent, well-rounded teacher. The lesson I took with him was packed full of superb teaching points; such as bowing exercises to help with bowing complexities, helpful fingerings for awkward passages within a composition of music, and terrific rhythmical suggestions to help with complex rhythms in a passage of music. I highly recommend him for any cellist; whether they're first starting out or they are just looking for someone who needs an ear for an audition and needs some advice!