Hello, and thanks for taking an interest in me! My name is John and I love teaching anything to anybody, from Math all the way down to tying your shoes. The main subjects I teach in are Math and Science, with extreme competency in Math all the way up to Calculus. I have been teaching all my life, but have been professionally teaching Math for more than 2 years, and am currently the lead instructor at Mathnasium. If you need help in Astronomy, I'm your guy. Astronomy is a huge passion of mine and I could talk about it for hours! I am currently a student and pursuing a degree in both Physics and Astronomy. Please contact me to confirm scheduling (busy schedule due to classes). If you would like me to help you become better at Math or really anything in the same subject area, please don't hesitate to contact me! Thanks!
I love this job! I am currently still working here, and tutor up to 30 kids per day, ages 8 to 18, but can do any age level!
Tutored math to hundreds of kids ages from 5 to 20
· ASVAB · Online He was not prepared, my lesson started a 12:00pm ended at 1:00pm during the whole time we didn't start the lesson. Would not recommend.
· Chess · Online John is a natural - patient, informed and appreciative of my enthusiastic nature about chess. Nice guy. Pick him!
· Algebra 1 · Online Very good lesson. John Michael has lots of talent in teaching math.
· Chess · Online John was great with our 9-year old, who started chess at five, and has played on and off since. He picked up pretty quickly and started learning new moves and approached. John is very good with kids, explaining not only the rules of the game, but rationale for every play. We're very happy with the classes.
· Chess · Online Looks like he is not familiar to teach chess for 6 years old kids . I do not recommend.
· Chess · Online It was my son's (10 years old) first time when we took a chess online with John Michael. My son learnt so much with him from their first lesson and started to share with me what he learnt right after he finished the class. (normally this is not how my kid behaves). That is not it.
My son all of the sudden wanted to learn everything in other subjects like math and had this desire to become an intelligent person. We spent the entire day indoors studying different things because he was so inspired after his chess class to grow intellectually.
First impression/experience with the subject is very crucial and I am so happy John Michael could find a way to get my kid into chess while doing it online. My son really enjoyed learning about chess and wants to continue taking classes with John Michael during the academic year as well.
John Michael is certainly very knowledgeable, processional, and has a talent to teach.
· Calculus · In studio John was a great tutor, I'm a B/C average student in math because it is my weakest subject but by having John as my tutor I received an A in Calculus! He is a great tutor and will do as much as he can to help you succeed and understand the subject!
· Chess · Online It was a great experience: The teacher was on time and is knowledgeable. The child is happy with the class and learning.
· Common Core Math · Online John is a fantastic teacher. My daughter is finally enjoying Maths. Thank you John.
· Common Core Math · Online Overall I think he is a good teacher. Very patient, clear and explained things well to my daughter who struggles with some basic concepts in Math. He was patient and is very enthusiastic about teaching his subject matter. I'm confident that my daughter will make a connection with Math! Thank you.