- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am currently the piano and guitar teacher at Oakwood Academy Schools of Long Beach. I have a BA in Music Education with an emphasis in voice. I've been teaching for 16 years in classroom and one-on-one settings. Other places where I have taught are: Calvary Chapel Downey School, Dexter Music Academy, the Youth Cultural Arts Foundation of Bellflower, and ABC Unified School District. I've been complimented on my ability to teach in a way that makes my students learn very quickly. I was trained in the classical and pop/rock genres. I've toured with choirs throughout China, and the United States (including Carnegie Hall), and I have also toured with rock bands in Spain, Mexico, Central America, Peru, and throughout the U.S.A.
I've worked with various vocal coaches including Maxayn Lewis (Who has worked with Celine Dion and Britney Spears), and I am currently the lead singer (also playing guitar & piano) in the alternative rock band "Stripe Coats". In August of 2009, this band released a 5-song EP and after a month we landed a record deal with label Tate Music Group. In August 3rd of 2010, Stripe Coats released their 11-song album under the band name Kaden. This album features artists such as guitarist Michael Thompson (played for Michael Jackson, Christina Aguilera), and drummer John Robinson (played for Quincy Jones, Elton John). The album also contains three songs that were recorded and produced by Producer Wyn Davis (producer of No Doubt, Sublime). Wyn Davis said, "Stripe Coats is one of the most promising new bands to come through Total Access [Studios] in a long time. After doing records and watching young bands enter and exit the studio for over 30 years, it is STILL very exciting to work with a band that brings so much love, passion, and skill to what they do."
Stripe Coats' songs are on rotation on Live 365 Internet Radio, and TMG Internet Radio. Our songs have also been featured on Alcoa Tennessee's Love 89.1 Radio and on hundreds of other radio stations, such as Refuge, CSN, and WCTL.
*** Lesson Details ***
I divide my class into 4 parts: 1. Scales/Chords/Arpeggios/Warm-ups 2. Sight-Reading 3. Theory 4. Improvisation. Depending on the instrument of your choice, and also what your specific goals are, each of these parts are customized. You will learn quickly.
*** Studio Equipment ***
A weighted 88 keyboard is used. Free parking on street and lot.
*** Specialties ***
My emphasis was voice (Tenor) at Vanguard University. I am classically trained and trained in Rock/Pop. I've done many professional recordings and performances throughout my career.
· Piano · In studio Jadel was very excited about her lesson. She is looking forward to going back.
· Violin · In studio My daughter was so excited to show me everything she had learned. I was really impressed that she could remember the names of the strings and parts
· Singing · In studio Son has improved singing technique and his confidence is beginning to soar! Happy we found teacher Joe!
· Piano · In studio I really enjoyed my first Piano lesson with Joe. He was patient and very detailed. I would definately recommend him!
· Piano · In studio Joe was awesome, he was very patient with my daughter he took the time to teach her Step by step and guide me in what I need to do to help my daughter achieve her goal. I highly recommend Joe. He took extra time to answer all my questions.. thanks Joe
· Singing · In studio Joe has really helped me and is a great teacher!
· Singing · In studio Joe is definitely a great choice as an instructor, he has the experience, and the knowledge to get you learning as quickly as possible.
· Singing · In studio My daughter took lessons somewhere else before, and she really didn't like them. But Joe is a great teacher, and my daughter enjoys her lessons with him. We 100% recommend him.
· Piano · In studio We Love Mr. Joe!!!
Joe is very patient with my daughter. He truly wants her to learn and understand what she is learning and most of all to enjoy music. He goes at her pace while still encouraging her to set goals for herself. He will not move forward until she has mastered what she has learned.
Mr. Joe's passion for music reflects in his teaching!!
· Singing · Awesome musician and teacher!
Joe is a passionate music teacher who loves to laugh with his students (not at them), who has a dedication to music and his students that no one can deny. Whatever you're there for I know Joe will get you there.