Experienced, Highly Qualified Math Tutor and Music Teacher Available!
Math got you down? It can be easier than you think! My knowledge of math has greatly increased my income. It can increase your income, too! Don't get stuck earning minimum wage. I am an experienced teacher and have been tutoring people since 1975. I passed the state AEPA Area 10 test and am highly qualified to teach secondary mathematics. I even help students who are home-schooled! For your peace of mind I hold a current State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card. I am also an experienced student with seven college degrees, including a B.A.! I used my Data Processing degree to write some math drill computer programs to help students with basic math skills. Students can access them on my laptop computer! I have recently been working as a chess coach and have a little time available around my coaching and tutoring schedule.
Contact me for tutoring: math, algebra, trigonometry, geometry, test preparation (math portions of AIMS, ACT, SAT, ASVAB, GED, GRE, GMAT, etc.), physics, electronics, computers (software, hardware), music (theory, aural perception, guitar, piano, voice, winds), Spanish, economics, investments, business, and chess.
Music Lessons in Your Home on Your Instrument!
Music lessons (appreciation/history, theory, aural perception, songleading, guitar, piano, voice, winds) by a professional singer.
Until 2013, my primary source of income since 1992 was education. I have been to Europe five times, México twice, coast-to-coast in the U.S., and to Hawaii twice (Now I have been to every southern state except Florida!).
* experienced high school math teacher
* experienced private teacher
* experienced tutor
* OPAC certification for Windows
* OPAC certification for Windows XP
* OPAC certification for Spreadsheet
* OPAC certification for Basic Excel 2007
* OPAC certification for Intermediate Excel 2007
* OPAC certification for Basic Word 2007
* OPAC certification for Intermediate Word 2007
* OPAC certification for PowerPoint
* OPAC certification for Database
* OPAC certification for Basic Math
* OPAC certification for Record Locating
* OPAC certification for Telephone Order Entry
* OPAC certification for Customer Service
* OPAC certification for Proofreading
* OPAC certification for Spelling
*** Lesson Details ***
I work with you on what you need. My goal is to help you understand so that you can learn to do what you need to do without me.
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in helping people learn the math they need for school and tests such as AIMS, ACT, SAT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, etc. I am a highly qualified math teacher in Arizona.
I also teach computers, software, electronics, music, chess, and Spanish.
I have been self-employed as an independent contractor with various tutoring companies, but mostly working as a private tutor/teacher. I have mainly helped students with math, music, and computers.
I was a highly qualified math teacher for high school students. I taught both algebra and geometry.
I worked as a highly qualified math teacher assigned to North Star Charter School. I taught algebra and geometry to high school students.
I began as a teacher's assistant and later was a highly qualified math teacher for high school students. I taught both algebra and geometry.
I worked as a tutor, math teacher, and substitute teacher assigned to Intelli-Schools and North Star Charter School.
This test is to become highly qualified as a teacher in secondary math. There is calculus on the test, but I don't know calculus.
The United States Chess Federation (USCF) is the official, not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) US membership organization for chess players and chess supporters of all ages and strengths, from beginners to Grandmasters. Our mission is to empower people through chess one move at a time. Our vision is to enrich the lives of all persons and communities through increasing the play, study, and appreciation of the game of chess.
· Harmonica · In home Helped a lot. Will learn thanks to Jim
· Classical Guitar · In home The reason why I called Jim was to help me with my classical guitar pieces for my ASU audition. I had very little experience in this side and of music and looking for a teacher was important. I hired Jim for an hour every Sunday the past month of January. The way he approached the music pieces and the knowledge he had was very impressive. Jim is also very patient and lets you have control over the lesson and start or suggest were to begin the lecture. I was able to lean a piece and know how to approach classical guitar thanks to Jim. There were somethings that I din't like about some of the lessons, There were times that when Jim was lecturing, he would get side tracked and forget about the topic and not even look at the music for a great majority of the hour, it was defiantly frustrating. Nonetheless, Jim is a great teacher, always appreciated when he stayed over the hour to further discus the piece. For these reasons I have decided to give Jim a four out of five rating.
· Piano · In home We are working with Jim currently. My son is adhd. And we are adjusting to his needs. Jim has been very patient. Good experience so far.
· Harmonica · In home Jim was very patient and explained the basics well. Great first lesson.