- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Thank you for your interest in lessons! I hope to help you achieve your goals and improve your skills, whether you're looking for music lessons, help in math, or need someone to proofread your essay before you turn it in. Every student is a unique person who deserves a lesson customized to their individual needs. Each of my students prospers in an atmosphere of patience and encouragement. While the lessons are fun and enjoyable, the serious student will be supported in the development of skills leading to a rewarding career, and the more casual students will grow in an appreciation of knowledge that will always enrich their lives.
I have been tutoring and teaching private lessons for over five years, and currently have over 40 active students. I received my bachelor's degree in music with an emphasis on vocal performance at the University of Redlands in 2011, and my Associate of Arts degree in 2008 from College of the Desert. Currently I teach online, locally, and at my studio, and cover a variety of subjects such as voice, music, theater, piano, math, english, music theory, just to name a few.
For academic tutoring (i.e. math, theory, vocabulary) I work on helping the student understand their homework and help prepare them for tests. I can also provide worksheets if necessary and am prepared to demonstrate problem areas in different ways if needed, because everyone learns differently. For voice, piano, music, and acting lessons I teach the student based on what their current level is. If you have no experience, that's okay! My lessons are uniquely designed to fit your needs no matter what level you may be.
As a music major I developed a deeper understanding of music theory, piano, voice, and theater. I received my A.A. in Music at College of the Desert and my Bachelor of Music degree at the University of Redlands- which I attended on a music scholarship. I have played leading roles in several operas and musicals in Southern California, including Gianni Schicchi, Die Fledermaus, La Boheme (DTL nominee), The Impresario, The Grand Duke, Patience (DTL award), Cosi fan tutte, Little Women, Seussical, and many more. I have also appeared in several concerts, opera scenes, competitions (winning music scholarships and theater awards), and worked as a singer in churches, restaurants, and in pop bands. I continue to stay active in the performance industry, because performing is a part of who I am and I could never live without it!
With this experience under my belt, I feel a desire to pass on my knowledge to students. I carry a strong passion to help people develop their abilities and make them their own. I truly believe that if someone wants something out of life they will achieve it with dedication, perseverance, confidence, and by having fun doing it!
*Note: My home office has a lot of stairs and also two cats that live with me. If you are disabled or have a feline allergy, please consider in-home lessons or lessons online.
Voice, Music, Acting, Math, English teacher
Pop cover band
· Singing · In studio Jessie Massoudi is a GREAT singing teacher for my granddaughter, Vera. Vera, now age 10, has been taking lessons with Jessie for about a year now. Jessie has a way of working with her that is very sensitive and effective. Vera's confidence and voice have both improved a lot because of Jessie. I strongly recommend her as a teacher for children of this age, and people of any age too.
· Singing · In studio Jessie is a very competent multi-talented voice instructor. I've learned more from her in a few months than I have from others in several years. She is great with all age groups, and would highly recommend her for everything from opera to pop.
· Singing · In studio Amazing teacher.
· Algebra · Online
· Vocal Training · In studio Jessie is an amazing vocal teacher. Her vocal knowledge is beyond her years. I would highly recommend her. Whether you're young or older (like me), experienced or not. Whether you like opera or pop, she is great!
· Piano · In studio Jessie is a delight and a very patient teacher. I am older and need things explained sometimes more than once. She was patient and kind. I look forward to continuing my lessons with her.
· Acting · Online She was really nice and had a lesson customized for me.
· Acting · Online She listens and has a wealth of knowledge to motivate peeps like me that are on the fence.
· Acting · In studio Kendal was very happy with Jessie.... I think it will be a great fit!
· Acting · In studio Kendal was. Try happy with Jessie.... I think it will be a great fit!