- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Jesse and I am a guitarist who lives in Seattle, WA. I graduated from the University of Southern California with Cum Laude Honors in 2015. I maintain a busy schedule of performances accompanying jazz singers in the area and I am on faculty at Cornish College of the Arts as an accompanist in the jazz voice department.
I began teaching beginning guitar lessons to friends and classmates in high school. Ever since I picked up the guitar, I knew it was something that I wanted to pursue professionally because of the joy that it brought me. Being able to share that with other people is something I am very passionate about. I continued teaching beginning guitar and advanced jazz harmony to other guitarists in the music program to help pay tuition in college at USC. I taught at Music and Arts in Redmond during the summer after finishing college before moving to the Bothell store within the same organization. I also began teaching at the Andrew White School of Music around the same time. I teach beginners on both guitar and bass as well as jazz improvisation on guitar.
Jazz is a style of music I specialize in and I teach it like teaching a language as I firmly believe that jazz is a language. I teach improvisation to not only guitar, but to all instruments as the concepts are the same. Improvisation lessons are fun and interactive and challenge you to be creative, which is what art is all about!
My teaching method is very flexible, as I am very aware that students learning styles and goals vary greatly. I am a patient teacher who will work to help put a student in a position to be successful and achieve his or her goals through lesson plans and teaching methods tailored to meet the student's learning style. Seeing students succeed and have fun making progress and improving as a musician brings me a lot of joy!
There is nothing more frustrating for a student than feeling like they're treading water trying to teach themselves. My goal is to make the learning process as fun as possible! One of the ways I do that is giving the student the opportunity to experiment with improvisation and explore the instrument during lessons and for when they practice at home to supplement the more formal training. This helps students develop their own individual sound on the instrument from day one, is fun and interactive, and gives the student the chance to be creative when learning a new instrument.
I accompany students in lessons in classes taught by Seattle vocalists Johnaye Kendrick and Kelly Ash on the guitar.
Teaching guitar students and tailoring lesson plans to students learning styles and goals!
I teach guitar students in their homes primarily on the Eastside. This is a great organization to work with!!
I was responsible for hiring musicians for performances as well as making readable charts to make rehearsals and performances run as smoothly as possible. I helped coach Olivia on musical direction with her songs as well as specifics on arrangements.
Founded in 1924, Alpha Lambda Delta is an honor society for students in their first year at an institution of higher education. (For a brief history of the Society, click here) We recognize those students who have succeeded in maintaining a 3.5 or higher GPA, and are in the top 20% of their class, in their first year. Alpha Lambda Delta&amp;#039;s mission is to &amp;quot;encourage superior academic achievement... to promote intelligent living and a continued high standard of learning, and to assist students in recognizing and developing meaningful goals for their unique roles in society.&amp;quot;
· Guitar · Online Jesse is methodical, patient, organized, and excellent in conveying his teaching. He is knowledgeable about a vast span of music. I enjoy learning from him!
· Guitar · In studio My daughter is 14 years old and although she had been playing the guitar for several years she was ready to advance to jazz guitar. She began lessons with Jesse and it was instant progress, she always enjoys the lessons and she is really good thanks to the constant support of her teacher Jesse, she plays in the school jazz band and has shown huge improvement over the past year. Jesse is extremely flexible which has really helped us with our daughters busy schedule. I would recommend Jesse to anyone interested in quality guitar lessons.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Jesse is incredibly knowledgeable in all aspects of guitar. He is a great teacher and makes lessons very enjoyable by relating his experience and making the subject matter relevant.
· Blues Guitar · In home Jesse is an excellent guitarist who knows more tunes than you could ever imagine. He's knowledgeable, friendly, patient, and willing to adapt to many styles. He is rooted in jazz, but can teach to any preference. I highly recommend him for guitarists of any age/skill level in the market for a young teacher that is a quality veteran in his own right!
· Guitar · In home Great first ever lesson for my 9 year old! He can't wait for next week!
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Jesse is a fantastic guitar player and teacher. It is obvious he knows what he is talking about and has plenty of experience playing guitar. Jesse is very good at articulating his thoughts and being able to express those in his teaching in a way that is easy to understand. I would highly recommend taking lessons from Jesse no matter what style you are trying to learn.
· Guitar · In studio Jesse is such a swinging guitar player, and always maintains such a happy positive attitude. He really gets the ins and outs of his instruments which comes across in lesson time. He is articulate and passionate about jazz which is so inspiring. Easily, THEE go to Seattle guitar teacher no matter what style you are trying to learn.
· Guitar · In home Jesse is extremely patient and allows for my confidence to increase by really making an effort to meet me where I am at in terms of learning. I am very grateful for my weekly lessons and have shared his contact with other colleagues that have been looking for guitar lessons.
· Guitar · In home Jesse is a fun and experienced guitar teacher. He will help you and guide you through if you are having troubles or not understanding something about the guitar. If there is a song that you want to learn, he will teach it to you. Jesse is a very patient and informative teacher. If you are looking for a guitar teacher, then Jesse is the one to pick.