- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Music lessons were such a chore in my childhood. My mother drudgingly dragged me to lessons every week and forced me to practice at least once a week before my next lesson. I soon met a new teacher who offered a different perspective and genuinely made playing music fun.
I can honestly say that it changed my life.
I wouldn't come to understand how until much later. I couldn't have even imagined becoming a professional musician until college but I was certainly given the tools to be successful in whatever I pursued living in such a demanding and competitive world. Self-confidence, active critical thinking skills, consistent work ethic, maintaining a healthy imagination, a lifelong appreciation for the arts. These all stem from my time in lessons and later my career in music.
As a professional musician in the San Diego and Los Angeles area, I perform regularly with many different music groups and solo artists including Frankie J, Thievery Corporation, Sure Fire Soul Ensemble and many more. I have also coached the band programs at Helix, Hoover, Del Norte and Rancho Buena Vista HIgh Schools on all woodwinds. Originally a classically-trained saxophonist (concert band, orchestral, solo literature), I currently hold a Bachelors of Music degree in Jazz Studies from San Diego State University and am a Masters of Fine Arts candidate at California Institute of the Arts. I specialize in intermediate and advanced students but also work very efficiently with beginners.
In the spirit of my previous teachers, I encourage new and fun methods of music instruction while still reinforcing the basics. All with the idea of having fun while playing music!
Thank you for your consideration.
Keyboardist for internationally-known RnB artist Frankie J
Baritone saxophonist for the San Diego Winds - the only professional wind symphony in San Diego.
Performing as a band member in Everybody's Talkin' - The Music of Harry Nilsson at the SD Repertory Theater
Saxophone and clarinet coach for the Helix Charter High School marching band
Flute and Saxophone Coach at Rancho Buena Vista High School
Saxophone coach at Del Norte High School
Woodwinds Coach at Hoover High School
A tutoring certificate given after passing the training program for senior tutors. Involves being able to teach students in a variety of learning styles.
An American honor society for undergraduate students, graduate students, and professors of music. There are currently 205 active chapters and approximately 64,500 individual members.
· Ear Training · In home I have been working with Jesse for a few years now. I am bummed that the subject section of this review only lets me select one subject. Jesse has helped me with ear training, theory and composition, piano, performance, harmony, and overall musician advice. I cannot think of a more authentic and caring mentor and teacher out there that could be as efficient and helpful as Jesse has been to my career. I have seen a lot of progress in my musical career and my confidence as a musician has grown thanks to Jesse! He genuinely cares about the art and his students, he gets involved in their music careers and makes sure that the lesson is learned. He is familiar with many approaches and works hard for his students. Music is very lucky to have Jesse as a teacher!
· Saxophone · In home Jesse is a great teacher for musicians of any level. His passion for music and music education is evident in the way he communicates with his students. Jesse is extremely patient, and will cater to your individual needs. He's a teacher who is truly on your side and aspires to help you reach your goals! I highly recommend lessons with Jesse, he makes playing fun!