My name is Jennifer. I got my degree in vocal performance and minored in Jazz. I began voice lessons myself when I was eight. I am a mezzo soprano, and can teach both female and male voices. I have performed in several opera productions including but not limited to The Marriage of Figaro, Dido and Aeneus, Tenderland, and Hand of Bridge. I have worked and performed in masterworks by Brahms, Chopin, Mozart to name a few. I studied in French, English, Spanish, Italian, and German. I studied diction, ear training, piano, music history, pedagogy, and music theory. I have also performed with artists such as New York Voices, Bobby Mcferrin and Kurt Elling. I was blessed with many learning opportunities to grow in my passion and I would love to pass that knowledge and passion to anyone who wants to learn.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lessons are designed around the needs of each student. The first lessons is always spent testing range, knowledge and abilities already known by the student. Then the student weighs in on what kind of music they would like to learn and what they hope to gain from the lessons. Theory and ear training are incorporated into the lessons. We work on breathing, technique and style. Generally we start with English or Italian. We work on vocal performance from a classical standpoint but Jazz and Broadway can also be taught if desired by the student. Scales and exercises are given each week to be worked on until the next lesson. A recording device is encouraged if the student cannot play the piano. Also, a voice note book to take notes during the lesson to be used during practice during the week.
*** Specialties ***
classical voice and jazz voice.
I teach private voice lessons incorporating theory, ear training, and sight reading either at the students home or my own. I teach all age levels from 8-73
I also teach private piano for beginning and intermediate piano.
Studied piano, vocal pedagogy, ear training, theory, diction, music history, jazz performance and ensemble work throughout the entirety of earning my degree as well as continuing to take private voice lessons myself.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In home She's super patient with me, and slows down to my pace while still pushing me weekly. It's really nice that she's knowledgeable on music theory too, beyond just good at piano.
· Piano · In studio My daughter loves her lessons!
· Piano · In home She worked well with me gauging my ability and being patient and humoring my questions and mistakes.
· Singing · In home She was great. Very knowledgeable and my daughter was very comfortable with her and thought she was super nice. We are looking forward to much success with her :)
· Singing · In studio Jenn was really great with our daughter, knew how to work with a child's voice.
· Piano · In studio Jenn is an excellent instructor who builds comfort and confidence in every learner through her tailored instruction to meet your needs and skill level.
· Piano · In home Jennifer is excellent. She does a great job evaluating the level of our son and then provides instruction and practice lessons that 'stretch' him appropriately.
· Vocal Training · In home She is the best teacher ever,she brings out the best out of my daughter.
· Singing · In home Incredible teacher! I am really looking forward to my next lesson.
· Piano · In studio My daughter get along with her very well. Jennifer is great with young children which is a relief for me as a father. She is very approachable, adaptable and gives the lessons at an appropriate pace.