I am a professional singer-songwriter and have been teaching lessons fulltime for the last 12 years. I teach students of all ages and levels of experience. My current range of students include: kids with learning/developmental disabilities, teenagers who have starred in school musicals, and performing adult singer-songwriters. Whatever your background or desire, I can help you to cultivate your unique musical potential, and to strengthen your creative voice.
As a professional vocalist and pianist, I have worked freelance, in a variety of settings, over the years--including solo, in wedding bands, small jazz and rock/pop groups and with big bands. I have been singing with the Mood Swings Big Band for 6+ years. During that time, we have performed at the White House, the Chamber of Commerce and in Kennebunkport, Maine (at the Bush estate).
I also have an extensive professional and personal background in meditation (10 years), astrology (5 years) and healing (particularly Reiki, 4 years). I am very interested in the intersection between a healing/mindfulness-awareness approach and singing/playing piano.
I sing a wide range of music with the band, including standards, ballads, pop/rock, R & B and Motown. We perform at weddings, corporate events, vineyards and occasionally public/political events. We have played at the White House, Chamber of Commerce and in Kennebunkport, Maine (at the Bush/Walker residence).
Although initially hired as a voice teacher, I have taught in a wide range of contexts over the years, including: private voice, private piano, early childhood music/movement, keyboard classes, voice classes and music camps. I have also helped to design/publish many (perhaps a thousand!) pages of music curriculum/theory work for beginner to intermediate/advanced students (given as music class "homework").
I played and sang with this folk/rock band for 5 years. During this time, we recorded 3 albums and 2 EPs, and played in Baltimore, Washington D.C. and New York. We opened for national, touring acts such as Seth Glier and The Kennedys.
· Singing · Online perfect
· Piano · In home Jennifer is an awesome piano teacher! She works great with children! My 6 year old is very engaged, interested and ready to learn! She leaves each week saying how she cannot wait for her next lesson and she practices a lot at home. I believe this comes from Jennifer's excellence in teaching! I would highly recommend her!
· Singing · In studio Jen is a great instructor! Very friendly and has a lot to offer!
· Singing · Online It was fantastic! I will certainly be her student gladly!
· Singing · Online
· Piano · In studio Had the best experience!!! Great teacher and I learned a lot in just oneday
· Singing · Online
· Singing · In studio Jennifer did a great job relating to my 12 year old and making the lesson fun. He came right home to practice what he learned. Looking forward to many more lessons.
· Meditation · Online Very good experience. Sometimes hard to hear. Not necessarily Jennifer's fault. Gotta love technology. Would recommend!
· Astrology · In home Jennifer is great at explaining the chart and how it pertains to me. I am lookong to learning more.