I'm the most patient instructor you'll ever meet! Whether you're looking to learn to play an instrument you've always wanted to play, play some of your favorite songs, or just want to learn for fun, I'm here to help you.
I've been teaching in the Louisville area for nearly 8 years and have worked with over 125 clients for over 7,000 lessons. I'm fun, relaxed, and able to adjust to your particular needs. I have a rich background in music education and performance, having grown up with two professional musicians, performing in several prestigious music ensembles, and earning professional degrees in music performance and composition from the Wheaton Conservatory of Music. I've worked with students of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
*** Lesson Details ***
I enjoy teaching all ages and abilities, from 5-year-old beginners to advanced students who'd like fine tuning. The vast majority of my students have been beginners. I'm relaxed and laid back while encouraging you to reach your potential. Whether you're an absolute beginner or a seasoned expert in need of some fine tuning, I'll carefully evaluate your strengths and weakness and create a lesson plan suited to your individual learning style, interests and needs. We'll discuss where you'd like to go with music, and I'll help you get there! After 3 or 6 months with me, you'll learn the musical foundations of rhythm, ear training, posture, technique, music theory and performance, and a few of your favorite songs!
· Singing · In studio Jared is not only a good person, but he's an excellent teacher as well.
· Singing · In studio I haven't taken a lesson with Jared through takelessons, but I've sung with Jared and benefited from his extraordinary vocal, piano, and songwriting abilities. I'm struck by Jared's care for people, and his desire to see them succeed in their goals. I highly recommend him!
· Vocal Training · Online Great coach and communicator!
· Singing · In studio I've had the privilege of observing Jared give many lessons in both piano and voice. I've taught piano and voice myself for many years, and I've learned valuable tips from him. He communicates clearly with people of all ages, personalities, and backgrounds. He knows the secret of drawing out the best the student has to offer, both musically and as a whole person. His techniques for vocal training are a synthesis of his excellent musical background with experience as a leadership coach. Believe me, I've observed many teachers and taken lots of lessons myself. Jared is in the top of the top tier.
· · In studio I have experienced Jared's development as a musician and music teacher for over 15 years. He has a thorough knowledge of music theory and performance technique and brings out the best in his students by finding ways for them to relate the learning of music theory and performance to their personal circumstances and goals. He goes way beyond the mechanics of theory and performance and takes an interest in the development of his students as individuals.
· · In studio Jared is an excellent teacher! He is very patient and can work with anyone.
· Singing · In home Jared is teaching me the foundations of good singing, the techniques and the whole process of vocal production, that are already making a big difference in my singing. Thank you, Jared.
· Singing · In studio He is absolutely wonderful! Very patient with my daughter. He uses techniques and exercises that really improve her singing. Her self-esteem has also improved. Recommend!
· Singing · In studio Jared got to know my grandaughter quickly. He saw how smart she is, and howshe picks up on things at a fast pace. Autumn is six, and loves to sing, yet has a slight speech impediment. She's looking forward to her next visit, and is excited for a future in music. Thanks Jared ! See you Saturday!
· Guitar · In studio Very patient with a person who has never picked up a guitar Jared has a great mannerism and way of teaching. I