- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
*PLEASE NOTE: I don't travel to Bellevue, Mercer Island or anywhere that requires me to drive over I-90 or the 520 bridge. Sorry! 3 miles is my maximum distance of travel, and please take note of the time slot I have open (usually just a few).
I've been exploring music since age 13 when I started on guitar and electric bass. I've gigged around the Puget Sound area for over a decade and am passionate about many styles of music. I've played in jazz and blues ensembles while studying music in Boston and Seattle. I perform my own music. I play acoustic and electric guitar, electric bass, ukulele, mandolin, piano, drums and I sing.
*** Lesson Details ***
Required Accessories: Music Stand, 3-Ring Binder, Sheet Protectors
Chords, scales and finger-picking are the three areas of guitar, ukulele and mandolin playing which I have my students work on each week (the areas for bass are; scales and the different types of bass playing methods). The format for my sheets is done in traditional music notation with a mix of tablature - the standard presentation for guitar books. Sessions are also divided more or less in half between working on fundamentals and working on songs. Music appreciation, learning to play with other instruments and play-alongs with recordings are also a part of my teaching platform. Students are encouraged to give song suggestions for learning, and it's one of my favorite aspects of being an instructor! My YouTube channel has some Student Favorites playlists with the most memorable and effective songs I've been teaching over the last decade. Cheers!
*** Travel Equipment ***
I bring one of my acoustics to my lessons.
I've been teaching since high school.
· Vocal Training · In home James was a delight, and our son was pleased with his first lesson.
Sincerely anticipating more!
· Guitar · In home Engaging, patient and very talented. Wonderful with our teenage son.
· Guitar · In home Patient and encouraging instructor for a beginning student.
· Guitar · In home So patient with my 5 year old! He really was great at making it easy for him to understand and follow along! Can't wait until the next lesson!
· Guitar · In home James is very nice and patient. He taught me a lot of fundamental skills and knowledge, which helps me really understand how guitar works. I look forward to making more progress with James in the future sessions
· Guitar · In home A good first lesson
· Bass Guitar · In home James is fantastic! Very kind and professional. He has been flexible with my schedule. Made me feel comfortable to work on my bass playing skills (which need a lot of work ;) ) and even my dog loved him! Very excited to continue to work with him and become a bass master!
· Guitar · In home He is great, excellent! Doing a great job!
· Guitar · In home I had a wonderful experience learning from James! He was very attentive to my learning style and pace, and I felt supported and encouraged.
· · Mother of 12 Year Old Student
James is a fantastic teacher. He totally resonates with my 12 year old son. He's patient, kind and enthusiastic. Ricky and I both feel lucky to have him as his teacher. Thank you, James!