- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
James, a 3rd generation musician and teacher, graduated from Atlanta Institute of Music in 2008 with a focus on musical performance, theory and composition. He has experience teaching a variety of ages from 5 to 80 as well as students with special needs.
Local lessons are offered at Jackson's Music in Douglasville, GA - (Westmoreland Plaza); and at my home studio in Decatur, GA - (Bridlewood Cir); and in home lessons offered within a 10 mile radius of Decatur, Ga.
"Hey everyone, I am always willing to take on new students no matter what age and or experience. I usually average around 40+ students a week so go and find a time that works for you!"
Students who take lessons in person will be able to take advantage of programs such as Riffstation (a slow-down audio file program to make learning easier, faster, and not to mention more fun.)
Students who enroll in online Skype classes can look forward to personal music material handed out through email. Students are also offered play-along pieces at the end of every lesson!
I have played many instruments throughout my life due to being the son of a band director. I have also performed with many groups over the years. After graduating from Atlanta Institute of Music, I began teaching in Douglasville, Ga.
· Ukulele · Online GREAT TEACHER, PATIENT, PROFESSIONAL, FLEXIBLE!
ENJOYED THE EXPERIENCE!
· Mandolin · In studio As a beginner, adult mandolin student, I was very pleased with James' laid back approach to helping me get started. He was extremely flexible in lesson scheduling, consistent in communicating about availability, and a great teacher, giving me appropriate-sized "homework" to help me grow in my skills.
I'd definitely recommend him for anyone just starting out, or wanting to grow in their skills!
· · In studio Very nice and patient.
· · I have been taking guitar lessons from James for about 4 years and love it. He has taught me so much. James is a great teacher, very patient, lots of encouragement. Will work with you on anything you ask. A very comfortable atmosphere. works very well with your schedule. He is a fantastic guitar player himself. He has great music theory. I highly recommend him for anyone. You will be pleasantly surprised and very satisfied. I give him a 5 star.
· Guitar · In studio James has been working with my son for several years now. He is kind and patient and encourages my son to try new songs and challenge himself. We feel very fortunate that James has helped bring music into my son's life.
· Guitar · In studio James is a fantastic teacher. I am truly glad that I have taken lessons with James. He work with me according to my accomplishments/ level and I like the challenge.
· Guitar · In home James in an excellent teacher, very patient he is been teaching my nephew for years and now he is teaching my 6 years old daughter.
Highly recommended !!!
· Piano · In studio James has a very calm manner and encourages his students. Our daughter has been taking lessons for two years. She enjoys it and we are very pleased with James.
· Piano · In studio James is an awesome instructor who is very patient and kind with my 5 and 6 year old boys. He is extremely flexible with my family's crazy schedule, which is a huge plus for us. This is my kids first time taking piano and they love it! I am glad they have him as an instructor.
· Guitar · In home James is an excellent teacher. I feel very focused and relaxed when he teaches. He's perfect for anyone who has ever felt nervous in a learning environment.