Jackie graduated "cum laude" with a Bachelors of Music in Music Education from Ithaca College. She is currently a K-2 Music Teacher at an elementary school in West Harlem, NY, NY and also greatly enjoys teaching private music lessons. Her main instruments are clarinet, flute, piano, and ukulele. She is a member of the National Association for Music Education and is a K-12 Certified Music Teacher. Jackie has performed as a soloist and in various groups throughout her life including middle and high school honor bands, wind ensembles, jazz bands, pit orchestras, Ithaca College Concert Band, Cornell Chamber Orchestra, and Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp Staff Band. She has won many awards such as the John Philip Sousa Award and the Semper Fidelis Award for Musical Excellence from the US Marine Corps. Jackie hopes to share her love of music with others and wishes to inspire them to want to learn in not just music, but in every aspect of their life.
-Teaches K-2 general music classes
-Taught 5-8th grade instrumental music lessons
-Taught kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade general music classes in a public elementary school in Bronx, NY
-Taught ESL, bilingual, inclusion, and special needs music classes
-Taught 4th and 5th grade After-School Chorus
-Taught private music lessons on a variety of instruments including clarinet, flute, saxophone, piano, and guitar to students ages 5-adult
-Assisted certain students in preparing for area and all-state auditions
-Music Den's Teacher of the Month, December 2013
-Taught 4-8th grade instrumental music lessons, 4th/5th Grade Band, 6-8th Grade Band, and Guitar and Ukulele Elective classes
- Taught 6-8th grade jazz band, symphonic band, and group/private lessons daily
- Wrote daily as well as long-term lesson plans
-Conducted band and ensembles in various concerts and performances
- Counselor responsible for living with, caring for, and mentoring 12 campers per session (grades 4-9)
-Taught daily clarinet sectionals to a large group of students in grades 4-9
- Prepared and provided supplemental music materials to clarinet students
-Performer in Staff Band
- Taught private lessons to students in grades 4-9
-Taught group lessons to two beginning 4th grade clarinetists, two beginning 4th grade trombonists, and two 5th grade clarinetists
-Wrote weekly lesson plans
-Counselor responsible for living with, caring for, and mentoring 12 campers per session (grades 8-12)
-Performer in Staff Band
-Assisted high school band and orchestra directors with rehearsal
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Piano · In home My daughter loves Jackie. She learned pretty quickly. She really enjoys when Jackie comes over and gives her lessons. Definitely recommend!
· Piano · In home Kamille enjoyed meeting Jackie and she told me that she really likes her. Jackie was very sweet and I think they will do well together.