- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Humberto and I can't wait to meet you! I've been teaching private lessons since 1995 and I enjoy helping my students achieve their playing goals. I graduated from the National Conservatory of Music in Mexico city and earned a degree in violin performance. I was awarded full scholarship to continue my violin studies at the University of Southern Mississippi. I'm a organized and professional violin and viola coach and my coaching style is friendly but structured. I am passionate about helping my pupils achieve their violin or viola goals. I look forward to helping you reach your goals. I specialize in adult beginner training.
Playing in the DCCO in the viola section.
Playing in the orchestra since October of 2012 in the violin and viola sections.
Played in the Mississippi Gulf Coast Symphony Orchestra professionally for 8 years while teaching High School AP Spanish and String Orchestra.
Awarded full scholarship to continue my studies of violin at the University of Southern Mississippi.
I Played in the USM Symphony Orchestra for four years.
Played in the Mexican Navy Symphony Orchestra professionaly for three years
Played in the OFUNAM orchestra professionally for 8 years.
Played in the orchestra for four years as a member of the first violin section
Played in the National Conservatory of Music orchestra for 5 years as a member of the first violin section. And in several chamber music groups.
Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training Program
· Violin · In home I'm 14 and Mr. Humberto treats me like an adult. Mr. Humberto is extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and patient. He slowly squeezes out all the bad habits that I had and puts good techniques in their place. He pushes me to be a better violinist. I am enjoying my time under Mr. Humberto's direction.
· Violin · In home Humberto is one of the best violin instructors I have ever had. On our first lesson he came in with a smile stretching to his ears, and upon hearing me play immediately knew all the things that was wrong with my posture, playing, tone, rhythm and other problems as well. Ever since the first lesson, I have been making rapid improvements. Humberto is a great teacher and a swell guy, I would highly recommend him to anybody looking for violin lessons. -13 year old boy
· Violin · In home I have enjoyed Humberto's lessons very much. He is a great teacher. He gave me specific exercises to improve the areas were I am weaker. I can see all the improvements I have made since I started. I totally recommend taking classes with him
· Violin · In home It was absolutely GREAT experience.
Humberto is always supportive and ready to help and answer questions.
I am so excited to continue my violin lessons with him :))
· Violin · In home Great instructor with a positive attitude. I have seen a significant increase in my playing ability since working with Humberto.
· Violin · In home I am an adult who wanted to learn an instrument for years, but never had the time to. Coming into the lessons, I had zero musical knowledge. Starting something I knew nothing about was the greatest barrier for me. What I loved about Humberto was how he eased me into learning. He is patient, understanding, and supportive. Would defenitely ask for the lessons again.
· Violin · In home Humberto is a very patient and motivating teacher, I look forward to my 2nd class.
· Violin · In home Humberto is the greatest!
· Violin · In home Wow! What a great experience it has been with Humberto. I wanted a teacher that was passionate about the violin and I had a feeling that that was Humberto when I was selecting an instructor. I was right!!! His methodology and teaching style has me excited to practice, excited to learn and excited to see him every week. He is all about my progress and understanding and encouraging my own passion to play. As an adult, you always hear that, oh, you know, you'd be better off as an eight year old learning a new instrument than as a mature adult. Let me say that you can do anything you want to do at any age as long as you have the desire. Humberto has made my desire a reality and has put me on a path of what I think will be a long relationship with the violin and with -- happily, if I may say -- Humberto! To anyone out there looking for a good instructor, I highly, highly recommend Humberto.
· Violin · In home Humberto is an excellent tutor. He is very knowledgeable and finds ways to help me learn and keep me motivated!