Males 5 to 12
Heather holds a Music Degree for Music Therapy from the University of Iowa. She is especially good with younger children and those with special needs. Much of her work experience has been with people of varied developmental and learning challenges. Her specialty is developing adaptive, one on one lessons.
*** Lesson Details ***
Flute, Piano and Guitar. I'm laid back. Lessons are adaptive to the needs of the student. I expect my students to practice and enjoy their lessons and time playing at home. The learning environment creates a great sense of accomplishment for the student. Music theory is incorporated in the lessons at the level appropriate for the student.
*** Studio Equipment ***
*** Travel Equipment ***
I have a flute, keyboard and guitar. Music books
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in teaching children and children and adults with mental impairments. When working with children I work on developing the ear and getting a feel for the instrument for the first few lessons before looking at a book.
· Piano · In home Friendly demeanour with young children. My boys enjoy their weekly lessons with Heather. Lots of patience.
· Piano · In studio Heather has taught my girls more than any other teacher we have had. She was incredibly patient, and very likable. She was easy to work with us, and always accommodating. We definitely recommend her!
· Guitar · In Home Guitar Lesson
Heather is a wonderful teacher. My daughter looks forward and enjoys seeing her each week. She is very knowledgeable, and makes it easy for a child to learn and understand the guitar. It has been so convenient having her come to the house.
· · Students father
Heather has been a great piano teacher for my 6 year old daughter. She is great with kids & a nice, patient & enthusiastic approach. My daughter has only had 3 lessons now & has made great progress. I would highly recommend Heather.
· · Heather Feedback
Heather is very nice, cheerful and patient. I just decided to go with a much more experienced teacher that is charging much less but giving you much more, I am wishing Heather all the best she is really something.
· · Our daughter is having fun and learning. Heather is great!
· · I think Heather is a great teacher. She works with my girls so well. I don't think I could have found a better one.Claire
· · Great Lessons!
Mitch feels like he is really learning more from Heather. She is Very nice, easy to work with. She explains the music theory in each music piece so Mitch is understanding how to play the piece better.