- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
I teach all ages and levels!
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+
- Teaching since:
I first started playing the violin when I was 16 years old. In spite of people telling me that I was “too old” to learn to play the violin, I continued practicing and one year later I joined my first orchestra. In 2016 I graduated with a BA in Music from the University of Massachusetts Boston and I’m the violinist of a fusion rock band called The Sunset Kings (you can find us on Facebook as “The Sunset Kings Music”.)
Also, I currently play the violin in different orchestra pits in the Boston area and I’m also recording my first EP!
Exploration of the fundamental principles and early stages of teaching violin and viola through a series of engaging lectures and lesson demonstrations, including:
1) Master classes with some of the world’s top string pedagogues,
2) Individual lesson demos of teaching violin/viola set up, left and right hand technique and pieces from the early violin/viola repertoire,
3) Group lesson demos of teaching music theory, ear training and fun activities that encourage good playing habits, and
4) A “field trip” to the violin shop, a new beginning student was fit with a proper instrument and bow.
This course also included engagement in a series of discussions and reflections with colleagues and peers across the globe.
Hannah is a very dedicated and patient instructor. She always tries to keep the lessons interesting and fun, she also makes sure I take little stretch breaks in between exercises and always teaches me something new!
Excellent teacher! She starts with the basics of how to care for your violin, handling and same day we were playng. Each lesson has a beief review of the last and she provides tools (free apps) to help tune your violin and another for playing/ training.
She is a great teacher! friendly and dedicated!!
Excellent teacher! Very personable and excited to teach. She taught me excercises to build the muscles to play the violin, taught me how to tune my violin and many other tips and tricks.
All in all excellent!!!
Hannah is very thorough and explains things clearly. She also has a warm personality and seems to genuinely love teaching. Glad to have found such a great teacher!