Hey everyone, my name is Greg. Some of you may know me as the lead guitar player from the metal band Allegaeon. What most of your don't know is I love teaching!! Here's a little bit more about myself:
I graduated from the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, with a Bachelors degree in classical guitar performance. I have a passion for a wide range of music including fingerstyle acoustic, classical, jazz, heavy metal and funk. I'm currently in the internationally known metal band Allegaeon, on Metal Blade records. I've been called accomplished composer, some songs of which have been released on Fragments of Form and Function (2010), a record some critics have hailed as one of the best metal records of 2010, and one inews called "one of the greatest debut albums of all time". Our follow up record "Formshifter" broke at no. 2 on iTunes, and reached 3 Billboard charts, and our latest Elements of The Infinite, which debuted at no. 1 in Canada, and no 3 here in the States. I've toured extensively throughout the continental US and Canada with Allegaeon, as well as the Midwest with classical ensembles and as a solo artist. I've also had an arrangement of Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall Pt. III featured on MTV by a group of my students.
My students have gone off to Berkeley School of Music, and the Peabody Conservatory. As well as done some nation wide touring supporting the band Yes.
I have been certified through the Suzuki Institute of Chicago, so I'm trained to teach your young ones as well.
*** Lesson Details ***
I'm pretty laid back when it comes to teaching, and I have a lot pf patience. I pride myself in taking a pretty unique approach, in that I use the students interests to present the basics, and tailor the lesson to the goals and interests of that student.
I am Suzuki certified, and I have a BM in Guitar Performance from the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music. I perform and teach various styles of guitar music, from classical, to Michael Hedges fingerstyle acoustic, to rock and metal.
*** Studio Equipment ***
We usually sit at my dining table and go through the lesson each week. Students are welcome to bring an amp if they need one, however most students just play unplugged.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I have my gear, all I would require is a notebook from the student.
*** Specialties ***
I'm Suzuki certified, and have have my students go on to tour the US extensively. My arrangements have appeared on MTV's Made program, and I myself am a founding and current member of a international touring band.
I've been teaching steadily as my career for over 10 years now.
· Guitar · In studio So professional, friendly, talented, understanding, kind and willing to work with my physical limitations. Can't even begin to imagine a better instructor for me, this is probably the best decision I've ever made
· Guitar · In home I'm blown away at what I have learned in less than two months with Greg B. He is passionate about his work and a highly skilled musician.
Greg B. is an exceptional teacher. He quickly picked up on my level of playing which relieved me as I had experience playing and had taken lessons about 10 years ago. He is very attentive to watching my technique and giving me advice on how to improve upon myself.
Don't let the metal guitarist thing hold you back. Greg is kind, easygoing, knowledgeable, and very talented. He has answered all my questions so far about guitars and music. I'm glad I found him through this site. As a fan before I met him, it's cool to get a head nod from a guy I jam out to in my car.
· Guitar · In studio My son really enjoys his lessons with Greg. Is learning a lot and loves playing.
· Guitar · In studio My 12 year old sons have had 4 lessons with Greg so far and are having a blast! They're improving daily and are excited to practice because they work on songs that they know and love. Greg does a great job of connecting with the kids, is very patient, and is clearly passionate about music and teaching. We're excited to continue working with him this year.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Greg is very knowledgeable about both guitar and bass and it has been a pleasure to learn from.
· Guitar · In studio My 12 year old is loving her lessons! Greg's interaction with her excites her to practice and do better at each lesson. He is very supportive of all the small accomplishments! Great teacher!
· Bass Guitar · Excellent Teaching and Super Nice!
Greg is a fantastic music teacher! His skills on a myriad of instruments are quite impressive, and its very easy to see his passionate love of music. Learning from Greg is fluid and fun, as long as you are willing to push yourself (there is no Mary Had a Little Lamb here). Its wonderful that he helps you learn what you want to learn, and doesn't constrain you with a strict curriculum. I would recommend Greg to anyone who is looking for an effective and fun atmosphere.
· Guitar · Great Teacher
Greg is patient and makes sure I understand what I am learning. He teaches me songs i want to know along with what I need to know.
· · I highly recommend him.
He is friendly, patient, tailors my lessons to what I need, and makes sure I understand and can play what he teaches me. Learning from Greg is faster and way better for me than taking the on-line lessons or watching DVDs. If you're considering Greg for your instructor, I'd say, "Just do it".
· · Greg is AWESOME!
I've had three lessons with Greg and I'm playing better now than I ever have. He is very patient and has good attention to detail. He focuses on the things I want to learn, and the lessons are fun. The last one was an hour and felt like 10 mins! Looking forward to the next!