My name is Gordie. I have been playing guitar for 25 years. I've been playing professionally for 19 years. I've taught children as young as 8 to adults as old as 45 for 10 years. I have played in all kinds of cover and original bands covering everything from Hank Willams Jr to Slayer. My bands have opened up for Vince Neil, Great White, Jesse James Dupree(Jackel) and many other national artists. I have released two critically acclaimed albums in Detroit and Dallas. In 2005 I was chosen to be on a list of the best Guitar players in Detroit history. I have the knowledge and real world experience to make you a great Guitar player!! I have been teaching online lessons for a year and a half.I am currently accepting new online students from anywhere in the US!
*** Lesson Details ***
The most important thing is to have fun!! I'm an easy going teacher that will make learning guitar a fun experience that you will look forward to every week. In the first lesson I'll go over how to tune and maintain your Guitar if your a beginner. In the next lessons I'll show you how to play all the necessary chords to get you playing your favorite songs and to start writing your own!! After that I'll show you the licks and technique you'll need to start shredding like a Guitar god! In a few months you'll be impressing your friends by playing their favorite songs for them.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Computer and printer, recording software, Several Guitars and Amps
*** Travel Equipment ***
Transcription paper. Their own guitar
*** Specialties ***
Rock, Blues, Metal, Country
· Blues Guitar · In studio Gordie surpassed all my expectations... can't wait to see him for my second lesson ... very knowledgeable teacher I would highly recommend to anyone wanting to learn guitar
· Guitar · In studio My 14 years old son has been taking lessons with Gordie for about 2 months. Gordie is very clear and concise with his instructions. He customizes his lesson plans based on what my son is interested in learning. When my son is having problem grasping a technique, Gordie will adjust his approach to make sure my son gets it. He is a very good teacher AND a great guitar player. He makes learning guitar a fun and positive experience for my son.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Great instructor!
· Guitar · In studio Great start
· Guitar · Online My 12 year old son has been taking online electric guitar lessons with Gordie for about a year. Gordie focuses lessons on what interests my son and he's made great progress. Gordie knows what he is doing and is an easy going, patient teacher.
· Guitar · Online 15 yo daughter is really enjoying her lessons and has learned so much over the last few months. Gordie is an excellent instructor, and she never wants to miss a lesson. He is taking the time to teach her the technicalities of playing the electric guitar while teaching her to play some of her favorite rock songs. Would definitely recommend him to anyone who wants to learn to play the guitar.
· Guitar · Online He is really a great instructor. Well-versed with his subject, and the lessons had a lot of structure. We definitely recommend him!
· Guitar · Online Really enjoyed my lesson with Gordie. He is an excellent guitar player and very helpful and patient in his teaching style. He directs his lessons towards what you want to learn and your goals. Looking forward to more lessons with him!
· Guitar · In studio Great first lesson!
· Country Guitar · Online Gordie is great and wish I could afford to pay for more time with him. Great teacher