Hi, I'm Glenn. Thank you for viewing my profile. I've been teaching students for over 20 years, playing all styles and levels of music, from day-one beginners to seasoned pros seeking to sharpen their playing skills. I teach both traditional notation and tablature, writing my own teaching methods in both formats. I can transcribe any song or solo for you, and can arrange the music to fit your particular level of skill.
I earned a B.A. in Music Composition and an A.A. in music theory, and have worked as a professional musician since graduation. I play in a variety of bands that cover rock, jazz, surf, oldies, and country, and also write and arrange music for those bands as well as writing my own music that can be heard on my own YouTube channel.
The first song I learned to play was "Pipeline." I own and play several acoustic and electric guitars, as well as ukuleles, mandolins, bass guitars, and lap steel guitars. I'm personable and patient, and my lessons include songs, techniques, and instruction for improving your musical skills. I look forward to meeting you and having fun learning and playing music together.
*** Lesson Details ***
I'm big on teaching songs and techniques learned through scales and chords, which will enable you to improvise, solo, and write your own music. I can teach either traditional note reading or tablature, and can transcribe your favorite songs and solos. The lessons are fun, with new material to learn and play every week. I hope every time you pick up a guitar, it will be a creative experience!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Home studio: front room turned into music studio. recording gear, all instruments listed, additional seating for parents.
Morey's Music: Music store setting, small practice room, additional seating for parents.
*** Specialties ***
I've done it all-like theory, all styles of music.
Pro musician on salary with this company since 1987. Concerts, corporate events, car shows, theme parks, casinos, etc.
also have AA in music from El Camino College
· Ukulele · In studio My child loves going to classes with Glenn. He engages with her like a true professional making her feel sure of herself and motivated to learn.
· Banjo · In studio Glenn is very patient and has a great sense of humor. Even though I only had a 30 minute beginner class with him, he gave me plenty direction and encouragement to start. With his lesson plan, practice exercises and his guidance, I feel confident that I have the tools to master my instrument.
· Banjo · Online Listened well and adapted this first lesson to what I wanted and my level of experience
· Ukulele · In home Great first lesson! Attainable goals...and great technique suggestions.
· Bass Guitar · In home Glenn is awesome - super knowledgeable, fun, and dynamic! I've loved working with him, so much so that I plan to keep on taking lessons from him even when I move!
· Mandolin · Online Glen is a very knowledgable teacher. He makes it easy to understand what I'm doing wrong, and right.
· Guitar · In studio Brooklynn really enjoyed her first lesson. She was very excited and could not stop sharing what she learned.
· Mandolin · Online My son was so excited after his first lesson. He didn't think he could wait another week for the next one. He really liked Glenn. Connecting with a 10 year old isn't easy, especially via Skype. Thanks, Glenn. We're hoping his enthusiasm continues.
· Banjo · Online Glenn is a great teacher, although we've only had 3 lessons so far it's clear that he is very knowledgeable in both the instrument and the teaching technique. It's not enough to know the instrument well, you also have to be able to connect with the student and teach that knowledge. Glenn has both qualities, and I enthusiastically recommend him to anyone considering him as a teacher!
· Guitar · In home Glenn is a talented musician & a patient and personable instructor. Able to adjust lessons instantly and answer my barrage of questions on songwriting, music theory and playing guitar. His in-home studio is comfortable & spotless! Very enjoyable. Highly recommend.