- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
IMPORTANT - REGARDING MY AVAILABILITY PLEASE NOTE:
The availability listed on the calendar is NOT my FULL availability. Because I am a full-time teacher AND performer, my schedule flexes throughout the year and the hours listed are a limited window of what I may actually have for you. I am very flexible and try to accommodate everyone. Depending on the time of year, I usually have night hours on two days a week and teach on many Saturday mornings / afternoons as well. Click on the 'Ask George F. A Question' button on the right if you have any questions about availability and/or be sure to ask your TakeLessons rep about the schedule as you go option when you set up lessons for the first time so we can find a time that works for both of our schedules!
I've been playing and singing music professionally for about 20 years. As a family man and father of two, I also I earn my living and support my family with music. I have a very student-driven teaching style, work with students of all ages, with focus on helping the student achieve his or her individual goals, small or large. I try to keep the lessons fun but focused at the same time.
I bring a balanced and personalized teaching style to my lessons, based on a well rounded education and wide range of real-world life experience. I have a B.A. in Liberal Arts and have performance experience on many different fronts, from local rock cover bands to Top 40, from acoustic soloist to fronting a nationally touring Metallica tribute.
I come from a musical family - my father is also a pro musician. The biggest thing I've learned as a teacher of guitar, bass and voice is teaching the instrument has only made me a bigger student. The learning process never ends and that is one of the great things about music.
No matter where you are with the instrument - a beginner picking it up for the first time, or a seasoned pro of 10 years that just needs help "putting it together," I believe I can help you to get wherever you want to go.
Regarding availability - make sure to inquire if you don't see a time open that suits you - I am flexible. I perform 4-6 times a week and teach full time. Flex lessons tend to work very well.
· Singing · In studio George is an excellent instructor, you will learn a lot from him. He has years of live performance experience and has a vast knowledge of different styles of music. He communicates very well and is a total pro.
· Singing · In studio George is a great vocals teacher, and focused on proper posture and breathing right at the start to create optimal form and get the most out of my 16 year old daughter's voice. No silly scales--just practical and usable lessons. He really focuses on what my daughter wants to accomplish. Fantastic teacher!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio My 13 year old son has learned more in a handful of lessons with George than in a year and a half of prior instruction with another teacher. George teaches proper technique right away so good habits form from the start. He relates well to kids and makes lessons fun. Great guitar teacher!
· Singing · In studio George is very easy to get along with, great guy and look forward to my future lessons. I know I'll reach my singing goals with George.
· Singing · In studio George is a wonderful teacher! Not only is he a wealth of experience and knowledge of music/music scene but really taps into what kind of person you are! Quickly identifies what you have and what you need to work and improve on! Awesome person/teacher!
· Ukulele · In home Great first lesson. Clarified answers to questions a I had about reading music and gave me a good bit of info to further my abilities.
· Singing · In home George is extremely knowledgeable and makes sure you are comfortable every step of the way. Good dude and I highly recommend him.
· Guitar · In studio George has extensive knowledge of musical theory and is very skilled himself, but he also provides easy to understand teaching that improves my guitar knowledge and skill after each lesson. George has an eye for seeing what I am lacking or good at as a guitarist and meets me where I am in need. George is definitely helping me get to achieve my goals as a musician.
· Guitar · In studio Great instructor, breaks it down to make sense to those new to music. Has a great selection of songs he can teach.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio I am a new guitar player and had taken lessons with another instructor for over a year. I didn't feel like I was progressing well and changed instructors. I am glad I did! I have been working with George and he has helped to fix some bad habits that I had learned. My technique is already improved and and I feel like I am finally progressing. He works with me on what I want to work on and incorporates theory that I need to understand. He is personable and I enjoy working with him.