- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello prospective students, I am a concert pianist, and have been performing since I was 13, both Internationally and across the United States. Besides my solo career, I am an avid collaborative pianist and repetiteur, conductor and composer. I have performed piano trios with the Mainly Mozart Festival in Miami, Cello Sonatas with the Chopin Foundation, and have worked as a pianist for Minnesota Opera, and currently as one for Houston Grand Opera. I hold a Bachelor's in solo piano performance and a Master's in collaborative piano performance fro the University of Miami.
If you study with me, you will find a passionate pedagogue who is both here to encourage and instruct, always willing to positively push you forward while expanding your horizons. Please feel free to message me should you have any further questions!
· Piano · In studio My 5 year old daughter had a very good learning experience with Geoff at her first lesson. Geoff is patient and effective coach. My daughter thinks Geoff is fun and she is also exited about the learning.
· Piano · In home Geoff is a phenomenal piano instructor. I have been using him as a coach for over 6 months to help me improve on my skills at playing classical music. Geoff has in-depth knowledge of musical history and theory which provides excellent context for how the music should be played and why it was written the way it was. He is also a master at playing piano and, therefore, can play whatever you are trying to learn the way it is supposed to be played. He can listen to me play an entire piece and remember everything I did that was either wrong or in need of improvement (and that is a very, very long list to remember!). He provides feedback in a direct but very respectful way. He also understands that I have a life and career outside of piano. Therefore, he never gets annoyed that I haven't practiced as hard as I perhaps should have. He goes at my pace but also explains what is necessary for me to achieve new levels. He is laid back and easy to talk to. I strongly recommend Geoff as an instructor!
· Piano · In studio Learned a lot in less than one hour for our first lesson. Geoff is such an effective coach with great personality as well!
· Classical Piano · In studio Geoff is honestly one of the most talented pianists I have ever known. He is professional, fun, and extremely positive. I am a piano teacher myself and I ask his advice quite often. Geoff is an extremely gifted musician, a fun and positive person, and a caring professional. He has my highest recommendation.
· Classical Piano · In studio Geoff is honestly one of the most talented pianists I have ever known. Heven professional, fun, and extremely positive. I am a piano teacher myself and I ask his advice quite often. Geoff is an extremely gifted musician, a fun and positive person, and a caring professional. He has my highest recommendation.
· Piano · In studio Geoff is by far the best piano instructor I've had - he made the lesson fun and easy even though we went over challenging material. I definitely recommend him to people learning at all levels!
· Classical Piano · In studio Geoff was the best teacher I could have asked for. He taught my 2 boys back when he lived in Miami, and he was just the best. He was so patient with them, and really motivated and encouraged them to keep at it. He always invited us to watch him perform his concerts around town, and my boys just loved it. But as busy as he was, he always made the time, even letting me call or text if they had any questions about stuff. Parents, do yourself a favor and hire this young man if your kids are interested, you won't find a better teacher!!
· Piano · In studio Geoff came highly recommended by a friend and I’m really thankful that our schedules worked out! He understood what I hoped to achieve for myself and planned my lessons in a way that were really above my expectations. His understanding of both the small details of piano technique, and the bigger musical picture were really helpful in my experience. I would definitely recommend him to others (and have!) and look forward to the opportunity to work with him again. Thanks, Geoff!
· Accompaniment · In home Geoff accompanies some of my voice students and he not only plays with such musicality, but he makes my singers feel supported with his playing. He is very easy to work with and communicate with, and is overall a very nice person with a lot to offer!
· Piano · In studio Mr. Geoff Loff gave me piano lessons during his brief stay in Minneapolis, Minnesota . Geoff was an amazing teacher, patient with my slow tendencies and always encouraging. He is someone who loves what he does, which was apparent from the first time we met, and is extremely impressive with his level of skills. I would highly recommend Geoff to people of any skill level looking for lessons.