- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a professional musician with a career spanning 40 years (touring and studio work), and 30 years teaching music.
What do you want to learn? How far you go is up to you!
*** Lesson Details ***
BEGINNING students start with the fundamentals, what you must know in order to begin playing songs, all the right ingredients to create a solid foundation. You will be encouraged to study and to venture into the unknown, using what you're learning as a springboard to discover new things.
INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED players will be assessed on knowledge and abilities; areas of struggle and what is desired to be learned. Within a couple weeks, you will reap the benefits with new ideas bubbling to the surface moving you closer to your goals, with emphasis that short term goals are important as well.
Everyone learns at a different pace. But with patience and persistence, if you do the work, there will be results that can be measured, and you will achieve success!
*** Studio Equipment ***
I provide an amplifier for guitar and bass students, and have a piano for piano students.
*** Specialties ***
Having played many styles over the years, I am able to play in most of the popular forms. All music is based on the same fundamental things. It's how they are used that defines a given style.
Teaching guitar, bass and piano to people wishing to learn, whether for personal enjoyment or career potential.
Taught beginning to advanced guitar lessons to students for credit toward graduation.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Guitar · In studio Geoff has been a wonderful teacher; knowledgeable, extremely patient and
always kind. I would highly recommend him.
· Piano · In studio My girls love Geoff! He is patient and positive approach to teaching piano. I like that he heard the lessons to their level and only advances them when they are ready.
· Piano · In studio My girls enjoyed their first lesson. Looking forward to many more.,
· Piano · In studio My kids enjoyed their first lesson.
· Guitar · In home Patient, thorough and encouringing. Super teacher!
· Guitar · In studio Geoff takes the time to make sure his students are really learning how to develop good habits when playing guitar and takes care to spend as much time as it takes to solidify different techniques. He cares that his students are actually learning and doesn't cut corners, making sure things are easy to understand. He's patient, friendly, and skillful, and each lesson is something to look forward to.
· Guitar · In studio Excellent preparation for student. Uses comprehensive handouts. Excellent verbal instruction with hands on example and coaching. In depth knowledge of the instrument and music theory. Excellent teacher.