Teaching guitar, and music for over 13 years, 10+ years of that time spent in professional music schools and shops. In addition, I spent 6 years in a special needs school, teaching general music, and guitar to students with learning and behavior issues.
I have had the pleasure of learning from numerous guitar teachers and mentors over the years including, T.T. Quick guitarist, David Dipietro.
Recently having toured the US with national acts in the band McClinton, sharing stages with Saving Abel, Adelita's Way, Framing Hanley, Red, Winger, Steelheart, Bad Seed Rising, LA Guns and many more. I'm proud to say that I have taken the skills I've honed during those years to stages and studios around the country.
I can help you make sense of concepts that many students find confusing. Focusing on the goals the Students wishes to achieve. Ultimately, I teach a student to be able to progress independently. Learning songs is fine, and a great way to get motivated, but in the end it's about learning the concepts that allow the student to learn those songs on his/her own and be able to use those elements create their own music.
I teach all styles, and levels.
I am currently unable to offer lessons at my home studio, but still provide lessons on Skype or in your home.
Also offering lessons for Bass guitar.
Touring guitar player.
1 on 1 guitar lessons, and rock ensemble lessons. I also pioneered a beginner ensemble.
In class aide, dealing with behavioral and special needs issues. Guitar teacher within music classes, and elective guitar ensemble classes.
Certified Substitute teacher in NJ
Broadcast Music Inc. was founded in 1939 by forward-thinkers who wanted to represent songwriters in emerging genres, like jazz, blues and country, and protect the public performances of their music. Operating on a non-profit-making basis, BMI is now the largest music rights organization in the U.S. and is still nurturing new talent and new music.
· Guitar · Online Gavin is right up my alley. Patient and informative. I look forward to my next lesson. Already strumming as recommended!
· Guitar · In home Gavin is an exceptional teacher. I have progressed so much in six months it's hard to believe. He gives me exercises for skills as well as explanations of music theory which help everything makes sense. Highly recommended
· Guitar · In home My son enjoys his time with Gavin.
· Guitar · In studio My 11 year old son has been taking weekly lessons with Gavin for the past 6 months or so. We are very happy with the outcome. Gavin is patient with kids and flexible on schedules. Most importantly, he teaches with passion. We highly recommend him.
· Guitar · In studio very knowledgeable fun to work with, 5 lessons and learned something new each time
· Guitar · In studio First lesson and Gavin was very quick to assess my ability and goals and show me some exercises. Very helpful and I'm looking forward to working with him!
· Guitar · In home Gavin is a great instructor! He is very patient with my 9 yr old son and keeps him super motivated in learning and practicing everyday! Also Gavin is very flexible with our schedule too!
· Guitar · In home Gavin is very patient, provides a structured lesson & is very good with a challenging / special needs student.
· Guitar · In home Real nice lesson, great to find an experienced instructor who is patient, skilled and extremely knowledgeable about the instrument and who tailors instructional strategies on what your really want to learn on guitar! Many thanks Gavin see ya next week!
· Guitar · In home GAVIN ROCKS!!!!! Literally he can rock it out like your at a live concert, it is amazing. Even more amazing are his teaching skills. He has the kids excited & engaged. He makes me want to try to learn guitar myself. I would HIGHLY recommend Gavin. Thank you