- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Musical background in School Percussion student from fourth grade until College.
Pit band drummer for musicals, TV, and Concerts. Pro Band leader for 30 years.
Member of many professional groups including Jazz, Country, Blues, POP,Reggae, Latin, R&B,Soul, styles. Warmed up for major artists at Venues like Belly-UP, and Bacchanal. Produced Music for a Better Planet with Members of Taj Majal Phantom Blues band, David Lindley,
and Peter Tosh. Music to inspire and bring people of all cultures together with messages of Peace and Love.
Gary Has taught private drumset lessons for the last 20 years at a couple full service Music stores, to a wide age range. He strives to find a balance between a solid technical training, fun creative environment, positive reinforcement, and custom tailoring lessons to the individual musical preferences.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Their own drumset, or they can just start with practice pad and sticks
*** Specialties ***
World Music including Reggae, Caribbean,Africa,
Americana Rock including blues, R&B,Soul, Funk
Jazz, Country, Classic Rock
Drumset Teacher in Vista
At DrumFlip new store
All ages all styles
Managed a percussion store in Solana beach and ran a teaching program with drum,bass, and guitar students. Also taught part time there.
I taught drumset students, elementary through high school age
6-8 hours a day on Saturdays, and some other eves at home .
Study under internationally acclaimed
Performance and reading
Charts by famous writers as Harry Partch
Guitar Workshop Plus is a program designed for aspiring musicians of all ages to promote the growth and development of musical knowledge. Our program is unique in that we cater our instruction to the student’s personal style, level of experience, and musical goals. We create a healthy, non-competitive, and supportive environment in which to learn. Each day consists of morning and afternoon classes that involve a hands-on approach, late afternoon clinics, ensemble performances, and evening concerts. Students will also enjoy visits from world-class guest artists and have many performance opportunities. The complete immersion in music allows students to walk away with enough material and musical ideas to last until next year.
· Drum · In studio Gary is a brilliant drummer and a fantastic instructor, always patient and thoughtful. This is because he is just a genuinely gentle and thoughtful person. You won't be disappointed.
· Drum · In studio Gary Reed Johnson has been an accomplished professional drummer for over45 years. He is an expert not only on technique but also has a deep knowledge of many styles of beats, rhythms and musical genres. And, he's a really cool person. If you're a beginner or already playing Gary can help you get to the level to which you aspire.
· Drum · In home I'm a singer that wanted some help with identifying different time feels and rhythms.
Gary was able to teach me with an easy to understand and down to earth approach.
He made it fun too.
He's got a lot of experience and still plays out on a regular basis.
· Drum · In home My son who is 11 loved his lesson. Gary was very kind and my son had fun playing the drums with him and already learned a lot
· Drumset · Gary is a very talented drummer. He has performed with my band, The Flounders for over seven years. From local venues, private parties and corporate events, he always professional and provides the coolest grooves. I have heard him play with other bands/styles and I am amazed by his versatility.
· Drumset · In home I've admired Gary's drumming for years. I've heard him play jazz, Latin, and uncategorizable (my favorite) kind of music. It's always sounded advanced and knowledgeable but at the same time "musical" if you know what I mean. I've heard virtuoso play highly sophisticated. complicated, impressive stuff that just didn't sound "musical". Gary never falls prey to that problem. I'd hire him for my band except I'm a drummer myself. Even though I've been playing for many years I knew there was much to learn from Gary so I signed up for a lesson. I was not disappointed. He gave me some great pointers and perspective. If you're looking for a lesson with a great sounding, knowledgeable drummer give Gary a shot. Plus he's one hell-of-a nice guy!
· · For over 40 years I've seen Gary in many different music situations, many styles played with the best musicians around, and because of the musicians he's played with he knows the styles with depth and knowledge.
He's been a bandleader, sideman, produced music, session man, teacher.....and having run a drum shop knows the "sonic" side of drumming which is crucial, because having a great sound is half the battle and gives drummers the advantage.
I guess my only criticism is he's not charging enough, but that's not a bad thing
· · I'm a professional bass player and I've worked with Gary for many years in various situations, playing various styles. He's an excellent musician and a joy to be around. He is the consummate professional and always striving to improve. I'm sure that these characteristics carry over to his teaching and I highly recommend him.