Gabriel W. ("Musiciano") is a fiery and passionate vocal instructor proficient in the fields of acting, singing and vocal development. A professional singer, actor and teacher with a BFA in Theater Arts.
Gabriel doesn't just possess a formal college education, but more importantly an "informal" education based on his experiences on the stage and in the studio in the real world. Gabriel's approach is direct, simple and to the core, getting straight to the heart of the matter: developing the voice from the inside out by breaking things down to the essentials.
An expert at creating vocal warm-ups, vocal exercises, and vocal cool-downs and deeply passionate about psychology, this is your guy for learning to keep your voice in shape and having access to helpful insights and advice. Learn to cultivate a healthy attitude and how to create and survive a career in the world of performing arts.
With a kind and compassionate, yet stern and strong tone, Gabriel will work with you to develop the focus and dedication necessary to get your voice beyond what you even knew was possible.
*** Lesson Details ***
Regardless of the genre you sing, developing your voice with Gabriel's help will improve your tone, range, power and overall ability. You can expect to become a much better singer without losing any of your personal and unique traits.
His approach isn't a technical or mysterious one. It's all about re-learning the facts about how the voice functions best.
You can expect to clear away a lot of confusions regarding how the voice works and to take away the guesswork from the vocal development process.
If you want to improve your voice quickly, being guided by someone who understands how it all works and by someone who was where you are today and is now closer to where you want to be in the future is the best way to go. And Gabriel is that guy!
Gabriel's approach is quite simple, yet very effective at developing the entire voice.
"There are two basic levels that every singer must address. The first one is addressing the condition of the body and voice and the second one is addressing the functioning of the voice and body."
I - Silent Foundation
The silent foundation refers to the condition of your instrument as it is silent. If we are looking at the body as an instrument that sings, we first have to make sure that our instrument is in good condition. How healthy is your instrument? Is it well rested, well hydrated and loose? Or is it tired, dehydrated and tense? As you could guess, the condition of your instrument will have a significant impact on the quality of the sounds you make. So the first thing to be addressed is how your instrument is before it starts making sound.
II - Conditioning of Singing Behaviors
This is when we get busy. Once we have a well rested, healthy, hydrated and relaxed instrument we can start working it out. The goal is to condition our singing behaviors to be reflexive, reliable and strong. The way to do this is through a series of vocal exercises that will condition your voice to respond to the desires of your heart. Whatever it is that you want to express will be possible once your instrument is conditioned to the point where there is no gap between what you want to express and your ability to do so. Learning to sing is all about learning how to express yourself without barriers. You should be able to develop enough range, power, control and skill so that you can express your heart without feeling like you're incapable of achieving what you pursue. To achieve these abilities training is often necessary.
*** Specialties ***
ALL CONTEMPORARY GENRES!
Confidence Building, Warming-Up, Releasing Tension and Strain, Eliminating Stage Fright, Expanding Range, Improving Tone, Developing Vocal Power and Presence, Eliminating Doubt, Simplifying Singing, Strengthening The Voice, Improving Pitch, Building Stamina, Increasing Creativity, Performance Tips, Artist Development, Acting and Songwriting.
Once we have a good foundation any contemporary genre or style can be improved.
Vocal Instructor and Creative Expression Coach
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Vocal Training · In home An incredible vocal coach, full of knowledge and a great teacher. Gabriel taught me how to sing without forcing myself and also how to remove those knots in my throat. An excellent ear to tell right away if you're flat or sharp. I recommend his knowledge to anyone who wants to take their voice to a whole new level.
· Singing · In studio Coming from a person who never writes reviews and probably being the most nervous student ever to sing in front of people - I have to say he really knows how to put you at ease and instructs you in a way you know he has your best interest in mind and truly want to see you grow. I enjoyed my time and I am very happy with my choice. I look forward to working with him!
· Singing · In home Gabriel is an outstanding vocal teacher! He explains everything he teaches very thoroughly. He is different from all my other vocal teachers, he is not a boring old classical/opera singer. He actually understand what your goals are and he helps you achieve those goals. After having a couple of lessons with him I have already felt the difference in my voice. My voice used to be very tight and scratchy, but now I have learned to be more relaxed and my voice is more open. I do not think that any other vocal instructor has helped me as much as Gabriel has. I definitely recommend Gabriel if you want to become a better singer!
· Singing · Online I had a great time with him, he gave me great advice that not only applied to singing but also to life. I
· Speaking Voice · Online Awesome instructor, incredibly knowledgeable on the voice and social factors in releasing it. Really an amazing resource, take advantage of his experience. Highly recommended if you're looking for someone to talk you through releasing your voice and your real you.
· Speaking Voice · Online
· Singing · In studio Very insightful and personable. Gabriel takes a more natural approach to finding and honing your voice. I've only had one lesson and I'm already noticing improvements. I can't wait for my next one!
· Vocal Training · In studio Gabriel is an outstanding voice teacher and can relate to the student's doubts and fears about venturing into the new realm of voice
· Singing · In home Gabriel was pleasant, friendly and very professional. Excellent first impression !
· Singing · Online First lesson, great experience. Have never taken voice lesson or online lesson so a little reluctant to sign up. Well worth the time and money. There are people that know a skill but it is a much different skill set to teach. My first impression is that Gabriel has both. Clearly he understands what it means to be a professional in his field. I am looking forward to the next lesson. Highly recommend.