- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 13 to 18
Hullo! I'm Frances and I've been teaching private voice lessons since 2008. In the past my students have been cast in roles in high school and community theater, they have participated in Regional Choir, and auditioned successfully for collegiate music programs.
I received my training at Belmont University, graduating in 2008 with a degree in Classical Vocal Performance. After teaching privately and auditioning for a few years I realized I wanted to return to school so I could be better equipped to teach. I spent two years at ASU refining my own voice while experiencing new teaching techniques. I finished my advanced degree in May, 2016 and now have a Master of Music: Vocal Performance and Pedagogy.
I believe in a relaxed atmosphere for lessons and that if you're not having fun overall then something needs to change. Strengthening the voice through proper, healthy technique will be challenging but should also be enjoyable.
I sing mezzo soprano in Killarney Fair, a women's quartet based in Tempe.
Played the Drowsy Chaperone in "The Drowsy Chaperone"
Played Kate Julian in Benjamin Britten's "Owen Wingrave"
I played Mrs. Shelley for ABT's production of "Secret Garden"
My first professional opera job. As a chorus member I was able to work with other professionals and experience live theater in the opera world: an opportunity not to be missed!
· Singing · In home Frances trained me for 5 years in both Broadway voice and Classical voice. She adapted her teaching to work with my strengths and weaknesses and knew exactly what I needed whether I was singing a piece for church or a production that I was in. In addition to adapting her teaching style she also always knew which songs were appropriate for my voice style and which songs I should learn in order to push myself and grow. Not only does she know her stuff but lessons are full of laughter and they are one of the most enjoyable parts of learning to sing.
· Singing · In studio I was preparing to audition for ASU's Music Therapy program. After working with Francis for a semester, having had no prior private voice instruction, I passed my audition! She's great to work with, pushes you to be the best that you can be,and knows her stuff! I absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a voice teacher.
· Singing · In studio Frances is one of the most qualified voice teachers in the greater Phoenix valley. You can stop considering any other voice teacher options right now. In addition to being an impressive and award-winning singer in both operatic and musical theatre genres, she is an excellent pedagogue who has studied the anatomy and physiology of the human voice with qualified professors at ASU. Her application of both her experience and knowledge is immensely helpful and her teaching is clear, direct, friendly, and focused. As someone who has worked with vocal professors at numerous universities on the east coast, vocal coaches on touring Broadway shows, as a choir director, and as a chorus master of operas, believe me when I say that Frances is one of the best and most qualified voice teachers I've encountered. It can be unhealthy to study with someone less qualified and experienced as Frances is. She's also wonderfully grounded, non-pretentious, and has a great sense of humor. She has my highest recommendation as a voice teacher (not something I've said before in my 17+ years of being a professional musician.) Choosing to study voice with her will be one of the best and healthiest choices you can make for your voice.
· Singing · In studio Frances knew my voice way better than I did. She is trained to know how to build your vocals and is always looking for your techniques to be refined. A solid singing technique enables you to sing through your entire range in an easy and relaxed manner, with power, flexibility and a consistent tone. She knows just how to make that happen! She stresses your breathing and support constantly and explains the anatomy of your voice clearly. She can help you place your voice correctly by helping you individually understand exactly what to do. She is truly the most amazing teacher and I am honored to be her student.