- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi! I'm an undergraduate student at Berklee College of Music, majoring in Composition and Jazz composition, with a focus in guitar. I have been playing music since I was five, when I started taking classical piano lessons. I believe that it's never too early to start learning a new instrument, and I've had great experiences working with students of all ages! I have studied piano, guitar (electric and acoustic), and banjo, and I also sing and accompany myself. As a composer, I am well versed in music theory - both classical and jazz - and in various approaches to songwriting. I have a love for all kinds of music: folk and blues, jazz, classical, hip hop, etc... and would love to work with you on whatever it is that you're interested in pursuing!
Since I started studying at Berklee, I have been teaching private lessons part-time out of my apartment. Working with students of all ages and backgrounds has not only been fun, but has motivated and helped me to grow as a musician!
I gained a lot of experience in teaching music by assisting an older teacher with an established student roster in his home studio. He had students of all ages, from four to fifty years old, and by observing his teaching process and helping with his students I was able to learn the importance of individualizing practice approaches for students based off their different needs and areas of interest.
· Classical Piano · In studio Forest Romm was my first piano teacher. She is still the best piano teacher Ive had today!
· Guitar · In studio Forest is the second Berklee student to have taught one of my kids, and these guys (and gals) really know what they're doing. My son was 11 and really wanted to learn electric guitar, and I found Forest through a friend whose daughter also goes to Berklee. Instead of teaching my son to play a couple of rock songs that he'd probably lose interest in pretty quickly, Forest started in their first lesson to show him ways he could practice scales and make them fun, how to find different notes on the guitar so that he was actually learning the layout of the instrument... He's been playing for a year now and making frightening progress - he's even talking about wanting to go to Berklee when the time comes!
· Piano · In studio I learned so much working with Forest... she's patient and has a great sense of humor, but she'll definitely get you to practice and improve. As someone in their mid-30s wanting to learn piano for the first time, she really encouraged me to figure out how I practice best and to get to know what works for me. I would recommend her as a teacher to anyone, at any age!