- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello black belt musicians and parents! I am the CEO/Founder of a successful private studio in Austin TX, as well as a classically trained trumpet player. As a young musician, I frequently earned high marks on solo performances, won auctions and received numerous awards, including the John Philip Sousa Achievement Award and a musicianship solo award from The Instrumentalist Magazine. When I was 11 years old I said I would pursue music as a career...but little did I know exactly how.
Actively working in the Tampa Bay area in Florida allowed me to perform with a variety of wind ensembles, symphonies, jazz bands and chamber groups, as well as playing for church engagements and as a soloist. My favorite adventure was playing Principal trumpet for The Tampa Bay Symphony for four seasons and in 2010, I had the pleasure to share the stage with the pop vocal group Rockapella. Other performance locations include Italy, Peru, Montreal, England, Myrtle Beach, Williamsburg and more. Performing has always and still is a passion and important factor in my career, but education didn't fall behind.
When it comes to teaching the trumpet/horn/theory, my students experience dynamic lessons and always walk out inspired. While living in Florida I was a brass coach with focus on trumpet at Don Banks Music in Tampa and a featured trumpet coach at ADES Education Center. It wasn’t long before I started my own studio. My students often advance in chair placements at their own schools, win auditions into county/state honor bands and are accepted into college music programs. I am also the trumpet instructor and teach unique master classes at various schools.
Whether you are beginner, pre-pro, 5 years old or 55, I can assure you there is a place for you in my studio. So, what are you waiting for? Get started today!
Trumpet master classes three times a week!
Focus lies on the development of each student from various musical aspects. Weekly lessons and scores are given to each student. And lessons are ALWAYS pumped with inspiration!
•Group teaching – University of Tampa Band Camp & Riverview High School – Tampa FL
•Guest Master Class at the University of South Carolina, Dreher HS, Airport HS, Hand MS, Blythewood HS, AC Flora HS ad more- Columbia, SC
•Adjudicator for trumpet auditions – Lexington High School – Lexington SC
•Piazza di Duomo Concerto- Orvieto, Italy-> Summer 2014
•Numerous holiday church engagements, parades, weddings, jazz shows, chamber concerts, solo performances, symphonies, wind ensembles and musicals-> Fall 2007-Present
•Performed for inauguration of art at Tapp’s Art Center-> November 2013 Columbia SC
•Performed for world premier of contemporary Oratorio “A Melancholy Beauty-> November 2013 Charleston SC
•Performed with pop group Rockapella-> April 2011 Tampa FL
•Performed for celebration of Jade statue at Pháp Viện Minh Đăng Quang Temple-> May 2010 Tampa FL
Weekly master classes for trumpet students
Responsibilities include teaching weekly private trumpet lessons, keeping a record of the student’s progress and preparing students for a recital.
Weekly master classes for trumpet students!
Play principal trumpet for major orchestral works.
Instructor of trumpet, french horn, trombone and tuba.
Certified music instructor
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
The International Trumpet Guild is a non-profit organization founded in 1975 to promote communications among trumpet players around the world and to improve the artistic level of performance, teaching, and literature associated with the trumpet.
· Trumpet · In studio Estela is a good instructor. She has excellent people skills an the patience of Jobe.
She is professional an honest.
Worth every penny !
· Trumpet · Online Estela has been great. She really connects with my son and he is re-interested in applying himself. He had started to lose interest with his last teacher.
· Trumpet · In studio My daughter, Emily, began private lessons with Estela during the second half of her sixth grade year while taking band as an elective. Estela seemed to transfer her enthusiasm for the trumpet to my quiet daughter. When she started 7th grade she was placed in the Symphonic band, bypassing her peers and was chosen for the All County Honor Band in 7th and 8th grade. She also earned superior ratings in Solo and Ensemble during 7th and 8th grade. During Emily’s time with her she encouraged her to participate in a trumpet workshop and attend some trumpet concerts at the University of Tampa, and provided recordings of famous trumpet players for her to enjoy. All of these different musical experiences that Estela exposed Emily to helped foster an enthusiasm and love for the trumpet. As a parent I am very grateful for Estela’s influence on Emily. She helped my daughter catch the trumpet bug.- Barbara Lind, parent, studied for 3 years.
· Trumpet · In studio Estela goes above and beyond of most private lesson teachers. She establishes a level of professionalism with her students that any band director would appreciate. Her expectations for her students are very clear and the results are undeniable.- James Barnes, band director, host of master class.
· Trumpet · In studio I started taking private lessons with Estela almost immediately after starting to play the trumpet in sixth grade. My private lessons with Estela improved my trumpet ability not only for the time in which I was taking lessons from her, but what I took from the years of lessons still continues to help me grow as a musician. Estela not only exposed me to different techniques and styles of trumpet playing she also exposed me to various musicians. The skills I took from studying with Estela have helped me excel in my high school trumpet career and I would not be the musician am today if it was not for my time studying with her.- Emily, 17, studied for 3 years.
· Trumpet · In studio I've only been taking lessons with Estela for about 6 weeks now but people have already noticed improvement in not only my rhythm and style but also in my confidence. I actually enjoy going to lessons now because she's incredibly friendly and the lessons are interesting. The homework she assigns doesn't feel like homework because I enjoy learning the pieces given.- Maggie, 17, student since Nov. 2014
· Trumpet · In studio My son is a freshman at A. C. Flora High School and began private lessons with Estela in September of 2013. Estela has done a wonderful job in instructing Adams in areas that his band instructors have not always had time for. This year he made Honor District, Honor Region and Honor Jazz Band. He is now first chair for Flora’s Concert and Symphonic Band. We attribute much of his success to Estela’s teaching. She’s very professional, makes her expectations known, and gets Adams to meet those expectations. I think her own work habits and love for playing have motivated Adams as much as anything else. She keeps me informed of his progress, is very flexible with practice times, and always lets us know of any upcoming concerts that might be of interest/benefit to him. We are very happy and thankful to have her as a teacher!- Brenda Way, parent, student since Sept. 2013
· Trumpet · In studio Estela is currently teaching my son trumpet. His advancement since beginning working with her is impressive. She was able to take a beginner trumpet player, with very little music theory knowledge, to a child that is comfortable reading and playing music. He is excited about practicing (!!!) and going to his lessons. Her weekly challenges to him are things that he can strive towards and it is so gratifying for him to attain those goals. She is flexible in scheduling, talented in her own right, and is an excellent instructor.- Dee Blank, parents, student since Jan 2014
· Trumpet · In studio Estela was my son’s trumpet teacher for several years. My son enjoyed lessons with Estela, and his musical ability greatly improved. She was able to motivate Anthony throughout those difficult pre-teen years. He is now participating in All State and All County honor bands, and received a superior rating on his solo. He will be attending college in the fall, and has already been accepted into the music program at The University of Tampa. We were lucky to have had Estela for Anthony’s private lessons.- Dr. Bonnie and Stan Rice, parents, studied for 3 years.
· Trumpet · In studio Estela is an amazing teacher. Before I started working with her I could barely hit any high notes, but now I can easily hit those notes and higher. She is nice and she will make sure you are challenged. -Neal Blank, 12, student since Jan 2014