Eric comes from a family of musicians. He began guitar lessons at age five as the Beatles were invading the American music scene. Growing up in New Jersey, Eric performed in rock bands until becoming interested in classical guitar. With New York City only a short bus ride away, he spent as much time as possible in the city, studying guitar with Russian born Classical Guitarist, Dr. Alexander Bellow, and Jazz Legend "Bucky" Pizzarelli. During this time he attended recitals of such notables as Andre Segovia, Julian Bream and John Williams. Being immersed in this musical scene inspired him to make music his life.
Eric earned a degree in Classical Guitar Performance from the Hartt School of Music at the University of Hartford, where he studied under the direction of guitar pedagogue, Richard Provost. While at Hartt and shortly after, Eric performed in numerous Master Classes for internationally acclaimed artists such as Manuel Barrueco, Christopher Parkening, Oscar Ghiglia, Michael Lorimer, and Carlos Barbosa-Lima.
Eric has taught guitar at the college level for over twenty years teaching on the music faculties of University of Central Florida, Rollins College, Stetson University, Bethune Cookman College, Florida Southern College, and St. Leo College.
Eric's experience includes performances with rock groups, stage bands, folk groups, classical ensembles, jazz combos, Broadway shows, operas, solo recitals, and concerto appearances. Eric has appeared hundreds times at Disney and Sea World as well as other venues around Central Florida.
Throughout the years he has had many unique experiences while performing, one of his favorites being the opportunity to play the MASH theme song for Alan Alda as well as other stars in attendance at a cast party for the show, Win, Lose or Draw at EPCOT Center.
Although he enjoys performing, Eric considers teaching music to be highly gratifying. The importance of giving students a good foundation with the proper technique and performance skills cannot be underestimated. When a student can play a song from beginning to end with style and confidence you know you've given them a gift that will offer them enjoyment for the rest of their lives.
*** Lesson Details ***
If you're looking at this site, you're already on your way to becoming an AWESOME musician! Whether this is your first attempt at music lessons or you've been playing for a while and trying to improve your skills, Iâm EXCITED about working with you. I am a professional music educator and performer that has a passion for music and teaching. I will gear each lesson to fit your musical interests and playing level while I encourage and motivate. My goal is to use proven teaching methods and a supportive learning environment to help you realize your musical potential, as well as having FUN while doing it.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Chairs, music stand, tuner, metronome, amp, CD player, ipad apps
*** Specialties ***
Fingerstyle- Classical, Fingerstyle Jazz, Folk, Celtic.
Pickstyle- Rock, Blues, Jazz.
The HOUSE OF MUSIC (HOM) is owned and operated by local Central Florida Musician, Eric Lesko. A life long love of music led him to open the HOM, which has been at the Broadway site since it was established in 2003.
Music lovers, spanning in age from the very young to senior citizens are drawn to the historic gray building at 128 W. Broadway in Oviedo. The studio offers lessons for all styles of guitar, piano, violin, viola, cello, electric bass, voice, drums, flute, etc. “We offer everything from “Bach to Rock”.
Guitarist for Disney World. Performing for Wedding Ceremonies, Cocktails, Receptions, Corporate Functions, etc.
Private Guitar instruction, Class Guitar instruction, Guitar Ensembles
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Eric has answered many of my concerns regarding technique and methods; as well as, inspired me to purse continuing classical guitar. He's patient, observant, and analytical providing important correction towards my improving.
· Guitar · In studio I was very pleased with my first lesson with Eric!
He is knowledgeable, yet relaxed.
· Mandolin · In studio I found Eric on the Take Lessons website and he was the perfect choice for adult beginner mandolin lessons. He took my previous music experience into account and made my lessons enjoyable and educational. He helped me pick music for the musical styles I was interested in , as well as teaching me about music theory. Whatever musical talent level you are at, and any age, I highly recommend Eric Lesko. Thanks Eric! Lesli
· Guitar · In studio My daughter is 8years old, beginning to play guitar.
He is patient with her and know what he's doing. We are happy with Eric's guitar lesson 👍
· Guitar · In studio I have been taking lessons with Eric for 8 months. He is very helpful, knowledgeable, and helpful. I have been learning classical guitar and want to transition it into fingerstyle acoustic. Good mix of classical guitar book, working on interested pieces, and chords.
· Classical Guitar · In studio I've had a great experience as Eric's student. He is highly knowledgeable as a guitar teacher and I have loved learning classical technique from him. And I'm kind of picky, since I already have a degree in music and am also a music teacher! He has really helped me broaden my skills as a guitarist and I can highly recommend him as a teacher for all kinds of guitar styles.
· Ukulele · In studio Eric is a very good teacher. I have no experience in music at all and his instruction offered a nice mix of basic music knowledge and uke specific teaching. In a short time he showed me a variety of playing techniques for the uke that gives me a lot to strive for while offering exercises and instruction for me to work on that will help me steadily improve.
· Banjo · In studio Eric has been really helpful in my learning experience. My schedule requires flexibility in scheduling and Eric has been great!