Hi, everybody! My name is Eric, and I've been teaching for quite some time. I started teaching at a pre-college program while at Temple University, where I studied with members of the Philadelphia Orchestra, and then switched to teaching for Music & Arts and in students' homes. I love music, especially the clarinet (although I wanted to play drums when I was in fourth grade, but don't tell anybody that). My teaching style is "non-traditional," according to one of my students, in the sense that I don't teach any two students the same way, mostly because no two students are the same. "His teaching style is nontraditional and highly motivates young music students to practice playing their instruments." Non-traditional, see? But effective. I teach EVERYTHING right out the gate: technique, musicality, and sound (I find it's much easier to develop as a musician with a solid musical foundation, not just a technical one). I can't wait to meet you and start making music!
I teach clarinet and saxophone, tailoring each lesson to individual students' needs and using a variety of tools--print, digital, tablet apps, recordings--to excite students.
Private students have participated in concert band, jazz band, and the PMEA Rose Tree Media Bandfest.
I assisted the Store Manager in the development and day-to-day of the store’s lesson program and at lesson-related events (open houses, recitals, open mic nights).
I taught clarinet and saxophone, tailoring each lesson to individual students' needs and using a variety of tools: print, digital, tablet apps, recordings.
I taught clarinet, saxophone, and music theory and auditioned students.
· Saxophone · In home Great first day and patience with a new learner.
· Saxophone · In home We have been with Eric for over 4 months now for my 10 year old son and he is just extraordinary. He connects well with children and has command technically. My son looks forward to his lessons and has fun learning with him.
· Clarinet · In home Eric is inventive, patient, resourceful, and adaptive in his teaching technique. He provided my son with strong, thorough, and challenging musical experiences that have made my 11-year-old the accomplished clarinetist he is today. Eric's impact on my son will be positive and long-lasting, nurturing a strong foundation for all his future musical endeavors.
· Clarinet · In home Eric Lebrun is a knowledgeable, creative, and friendly clarinet teacher. He related very well to our 12/13 year old daughter. His teaching style is nontraditional and highly motivates young music students to practice playing their instruments. He offers his students a large range of music genres to maintain their interest and improve their playing skills. Eric was very reliable and flexible with scheduling lessons. His broad experience in the music industry also was an asset when we needed assistance in recording audition pieces. Our family would highly recommend Eric as clarinet teacher!!
· Saxophone · In home Eric was Jaydon's first saxophone teacher. He did a wonderful job capturing and keeping my son's interest in music, and developing it. This is not an easy task when working with an active 10 year old boy. Eric's style of teaching was a good balance between being child-driven, yet teacher controlled. Instead of practice time being imposed, Jaydon's practices were as a result of his own desire to master pieces that he connected with. Eric did not feed Jaydon any answers, requiring complete engagement, and making him an active learner. He even required Jaydon to rate his own playing, then explain his rating before giving feedback. Jaydon's recently started lessons with another teacher, who frequently comments on the quality of sound that Jaydon is able to achieve on his saxophone, as well as his ability to play high notes well for someone his age.