- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Performing and recording musician with several groups for over 15 years. Current projects include, Hot Date and Batteryboy among others. I have been teaching private lessons and classes in community education to students of all ages since 2007. I have also taught music in early childhood education as well as music therapy programs at Minnesota Veterans Homes. I am always excited to witness my students joy as they reach and exceed their goals.
*** Lesson Details ***
Relaxed lessons geared toward the students goals. Various styles and techniques; Fun and efficient practice exercises; Improvisation; Patience and attention to progress; Wide Chord Vocabulary; Music Theory in a way that is easy to understand; Tone development and playing by ear.
Every student is an individual and responds better to different teaching styles as well as learn at their own pace. My goal as a teacher is to give you an enjoyable experience in learning a new instrument and to tailor the lessons based on your interests and goals. After the first few months a beginner student can expect to have learned basic techniques and useful skills to allow them to play simple songs and melodies with ease.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lessons are taught in a studio with amps, acoustic guitars and electric guitars, ukuleles, along with fretless and fretted bass guitars, drums, microphones, recording equipment and software, are available for a student to use during the lesson time.
*** Specialties ***
Simplifying concepts and process. Breaking down elements of how to play Pop, Jazz, Funk, Blues, Rock, Folk etc.
Guitar, ukulele and music theory classes.
Private and semi private lessons
· Guitar · In studio Ive been working with Eric for over a year now and I can't recommend him enough. Whether you are looking to play guitar recreationally or professionally Eric is the person you want to help hone your skills. As someone who has tried to teach myself and failed I can say that after working with Eric not only do I understand music itself astronomically better but I also am able to produce music on a creative level that would have taken years to achieve without Eric. Lastly, to anyone who is on edge of whether they need a teacher or not, the answer is YES, absolutely and you won't find anyone better than Eric.
· Guitar · In studio My sons have been taking guitar lessons from Eric. They love him! He's patient, funny, and cool, and is a great example of a passionate working artist.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Eric is absolutely wonderful to work with! He is so patient with our daughter and has a great approach to teaching her to play the guitar. We highly recommend Eric!
· Guitar · In studio I was searching and searching until...Bing! Eric's website came up and I read over and it and soon enough it was my first lesson! He has gone slow and has taught me at my own pace. He is an amazing guy. He gets to know you and makes sure your comfortable and not awkward. He makes sure your doing well and even if you dont get it on the first try, you will always get it at the end! I suggest him to all ages.
· Guitar · In studio Eric is a great teacher. My daughter and I both take lessons from him. He has a passion for music that is infectious and inspiring. He has a distinct teaching style that is fun and challenging. I have taken lessons at several different places but never saw the increase in skill and enjoy-ability that I've gotten in the past year of lessons with Eric. Highly recommend to beginners or those looking to take their skills to the next level.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Eric is an awesome and very versatile instructor, teaching guitar, bass and drums to my three sons. They have been taking lessons from him for the last two years and have come a long long way. Eric has got them from making a racket to playing the Beatles and Rush in my basement. I've been very impressed at not only how far they've come but also at the patience and experience Eric has in developing and bringing out the potential in these boys. I'm very happy at the results!
· Ukulele · In studio Guys great, super relaxed. Let's you go at your own pace.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Easy going , encouraging, a lot of positive feedback. Looks to find your interest in music and adapt the lessons to that. I had fun in the lessons. Definitely recommend!
· Guitar · Online Very good teacher! I would definitely recommend him to anyone!
· Ukulele · In home Very friendly, easy to understand and follow his direction