- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
American violinist Emily V. is an active and versatile performer of chamber and orchestral music. As a chamber musician, Emily has appeared with the Mannes American Composers Ensemble in the ensemble's Alice Tully Hall debut. Additionally, she has collaborated with the Newman and Oltman Guitar Duo in a concert that has been broadcast on WWFM, and is a member of Trio des Waldes, a horn trio that has performed throughout NYC and on the Bucks County (PA) Performing Arts concert series.
As an orchestral violinist, she regularly performs with the Symphony of Westchester and the Chappaqua Orchestra; previously, she served as concertmaster of the Mannes Orchestra, Columbus State University Philharmonic, and the pit orchestra for LoftOpera, and as section violinist in the Columbus and LaGrange Symphony Orchestras. She was an orchestral fellow with the National Repertory Orchestra, and has attended the Bowdoin International and Madeline Island Music Festivals.
Emily maintains a private teaching studio of twenty students ages 3 to adult in the NYC/Long Island area. Additionally, she teaches group violin classes, as well as after school private lessons in the NYC public schools through Opus 118 Harlem School of Music. In the summers of 2013-2015, she was Junior Faculty at the Stringwood Chamber Music Camp.
Emily received her bachelor's degree, summa cum laude, from Columbus State University, where she was named the Presser Scholar, and received her master's from Mannes College of Music. Currently, Emily is pursuing a DMA in Performance at the CUNY Graduate Center. Her major teachers include Daniel Phillips, Lewis Kaplan, Muneko Otani, and Sergiu Schwartz. In 2016, she completed violin teacher training through Opus 118 Harlem School of Music's intern program.
I currently teach in-school group classes at CPEII Elementary School in East Harlem, as well as several after-school private lessons through Opus 118. I engaged in a year-long teacher training program to learn the Opus 118 pedagogical method.
· Violin · In home Very good first lesson. Emily is very well versed and has a lot of patience. I am looking forward to many more lessons with Emily!
· Violin · In home She is very friendly and professional. My daughter's violin skill improves a lot more than before. She also teaches some pop songs my daughter loves. Schedule is also kind of flexible. My daughter and I are both happy.
· Violin · In home Our 6 year old son is looking forward for every lesson!
· Violin · In home My daughter learned so much in just one lesson!!
· Violin · In home Emily is such a kind and thorough instructor. My 6 year old enjoys their time together. She looks forward to each lesson!!
· Violin · In home Emily is prompt and professional. She demonstrates expertise as both a violinist and a teacher. She uses a caring and compassionate approach when teaching all 3 of my children. She is able to relate to them and meet each one of them at their unique level. I do recommend Emily!
· Violin · In home Emily was so patient and encouraging. Great first lesson!
· Violin · In home I am excited to write a review for our awesome violin instructor~! Our little pre-teen 10 year old daughter took lessons prior Miss Emily for about 6 months but had no motivation to practice and so there was no progress. However, since we met Miss Emily, our daughter has been so motivated! Only after her first lesson, she understood how to read notes, she was engaged, and must've picked up her violin to practice at least 3 times a day for a good 20-30 minutes on her own (under no request by Miss Emily)! I believe it is because Miss Emily is very passionate about her teaching and is very encouraging towards her students. She doesn't make violin lessons a chore, rather an amazing experience!
Miss Emily is very knowledgeable and an amazing and very professional instructor! She patiently goes step by step to make sure all the basis for a firm foundation in music is there and then thoroughly goes to all the steps to keep it simple in learning! She builds great rapport and brings her personal experience to make her more relatable! I would highly recommend Miss. Emily as an instructor!