- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi, there! My name is Emilia L. and I can't wait to meet you! I have been teaching private voice and oboe lessons since 2012. My approach to teaching is expressing yourself naturally. I believe that as long as you maintain a healthy foundation, you can sing and play any style of music you want! I have been playing and singing since I was 8 years old, and recently graduated from Chapman University with Music Performance major with a double emphasis in Vocal and Oboe Performance. I am currently attending the University of Southern California for my Masters in Oboe Performance, while teaching in-home, in-studio, and online lessons worldwide!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Electric keyboard, acoustic guitar, oboe, english horn, video camera with professional-level sound, iMAC, speakers.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Portable keyboard, music stand, recording devices that can have recordings sent to students after or during lessons!
*** Specialties ***
I trained classically but personally enjoy singing Pop and Musical Theatre. Because of my background, I like to make sure that my students have good technique that carries through to singing any style they like so that they can accomplish all of their goals without damaging their voices and affecting their health. I have extensive experience with singing in languages including Spanish, French, German, and Italian and like my students to experience different languages as well.
Lead group music and movement classes to infants and toddlers with their relatives/caregivers.
Children's choir director at schools that can't afford music programs in South Central Los Angeles.
Private instructor for students ages 5 - 40. Taught voice, oboe, and introductory piano.
· Singing · Online Emilia is a patient and knowledgeable voice teache. She put my shy daughter at ease immediately and encouraged her to sing music of her choosing, keeping her invested and interested in the process. Thank you, Emilia!
· Singing · Online Very knowledgeable and kind. Definitely enjoyed our session. Can't wait until the next one.
· Singing · Online Very patience and brings out the best- thank you!
· Singing · Online
· Singing · Online Loved it. Aca Amazing
· Vocal Training · In home Amazing! Hands down best instructor I've had and most probably best in takelessons aswell.
· Singing · In home Good
· Singing · In home Good
· Singing · In studio She's a great teacher. She's really understanding and helps you understand how your voice works. From just a few classes that I took with her I learned more than I had known before and she's just a really great teacher including for people beginning how to learn to sing.
· Singing · In studio Emilia is an absolute delight to work with. She is kind, positive, and very talented at her craft. Her musicianship and singing are top notch. I highly recommend working with her!