- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 10 to 20
As Abbe' Dimnet once said, "Children have to be educated, but they have also to be left to educate themselves."
I aim to teach my students how to sing through kinesthesia. This allows them to internalize what they are doing in the studio so they can practice it at home and be more successful. Practicing what they learn in the studio will help them gain good habits, making singing and performing more effortless. One of the hard things about learning how to sing, is learning to use muscles you can not see. This is why kinesthesia is important! It helps the student learn how everything feels, so they can produce free, open, resonant sounds.
I also aim to teach my students artistry! Music can be a powerful influence in our lives and society. It is important for a student to learn to connect with their music so they can be better performers.
Last, I am a member of NATS. This allows me to continue my education on the voice and gives me new insights from other great teachers and vocal scientists around the nation. By being a member of this association, it also allows me to give my students opportunities to compete in competitions and get feedback from other great teachers.
I grew up in Centennial, Colorado and started playing the violin in 4th grade. I developed an interest in singing in middle school, and started voice lessons when I was 16. I have been singing ever since!
I graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho in April 2009, with a Bachelor degree in Music Science. I emphasized in vocal instruction.
I am happily married to my husband, Kevin, who is currently studying to be an optometrist.
I am a member of NATS which allows me to stay current with research and teaching methods for singing. It also allows me to give my students opportunities to perform in competitions.
Enjoy teaching students how to create beautiful music!
Perform sacred music. Performed the part of "Martha" in "The Lamb of God" Oratorio by Rob Gardner 2015
Taught voice lessons to students before my husband started Grad-School in Philadelphia.
· Violin · In studio She is incredible, fantastic! My daughter and I love her! She's very sweet and a great teacher. She connected with my daughter and my daughter loves her lessons. Absolutely recommend her!
· Violin · In studio Ellen is excellent! She has listened to our daughter and helped her to learn several songs on the violin which is what she wanted. She is actually practicing almost daily! Ellen plays alongside her so she can get a feel for the notes and how they sound. I like the way she teaches. She encourages and praises our daughter all the time.