- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! I'm Ellen, a recent graduate of the Berklee College of Music and a life long musician, performer and songwriter.
Music has allowed me to explore the world, as well as my own creativity and my relationship to others. I am eager to share these gifts! I can offer lessons in:
--Guitar... my specialty is fingerpicking, folk and blues, but I am a lover of all music and happy to teach anything!)
--Voice... I have experience in classical, soul/r&b, musical theatre, contemporary, etc.
--Piano... beginner students only
--Accompaniment and Performance skills
· Guitar · In home Great finger picker and wow does she belt them out singing.
· Guitar · Online Very good first time experience taking lessons online.
· Guitar · In home Ellen is so great! I can't say enough about how fantastic she is with my 10 year old daughter. Very friendly, very encouraging, and she really knows her stuff! So pleased with how the lessons are going!
· Singing · In home Ellen is a fantastic teacher!! She has knowledge in so many genres and styles of singing and she knows how to work with many types of singers! I am a classically trained singer but needed to work on my belt, and I got tips and training from Ellen better than I'd gotten from any other classical voice teacher. Thanks, Ellen!
· Guitar · In home Ellen is a masterful instructor. Her skill and experience are matches well with her love of playing. She brings professionalism and fun, structure and adaptability, and most importantly patience and compassion to the art of teaching that is not so easy to find in any profession. You will be in good hands.
· Cello · In studio Ellen is wonderful. She's been playing cello for over a decade and received her degree from Berklee College of Music. Knowing that, I anticipated that she would be somewhat intimidating in our lesson together, but she was the exact opposite-- she was so down to earth, and she was very encouraging when I felt like I was not getting the hang of things in time. She's also very receptive to your needs/desires. We just barely crossed paths while she was in town, and I was merely hoping to get a feel for the instrument, so we had a very playful (but informative!) experience. I know that she also has a wealth of formal training, so no matter what your pace--she's your girl. She also has a cool band of her own, which you should check out!